Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed ProTycoon.com Domain Name Blog For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I picked up this blog last year. I knew the previous owner as he had wrote for one of my blogs before and when he said that he didn't have time to run it I contacted him and we worked out a deal.

www.ProTycoon.com

The blog currently has about 60 subscribers. It was around 120-130 a few months ago but I stupidly forgot to migrate the feedburner account to google so when the old feedburner urls were switched off I lost half of the subscribers i.e. 50% of them didn't bother updating to the new feedburner url.

The previous owner started the blog as a making money online blog. In my opinion this niche is very saturated so I changed the direction of the blog to a domain name blog, something which I know a little of and an industry I keep tabs on. It's much more difficult to get subscribers in this niche but the money from affiliate sales etc is much much higher.

The site was developing well however I found it incredibly difficult to find the time to update the site and concentrated on other sites I own. My time is even more stretched just now so I am hoping to sell a few sites which I am too busy to update.

i did try and find some writers to blog for the site full time. I got a great response and got several submissions from writers who were interested in the job. Some of the submissions were very good however they did not show a knowledge of domaining therefore I didn't take them on.

My advice to anyone interested is if you are planning on keeping the focus on domain names, I would update it yourself as it's very difficult to get someone with domaining experience to write for you.

However, changing the blog to a more business/making-money-online type blog is also an option. It's how the blog started and it's a niche that is very easy to get traffic to, certainly when compared to other types of blogs.

Note :

* There is no immediate rush to move the blog. It is currently hosted on my own server and I'm happy for it to remain there for a few weeks if you need to sort out a hosting package.

* I will help the buyer move the site if neccessary

* The domain is registered at enom so free push

I have listed the site for sale at Flippa but will close that if a successful bid is made here.

please pm if you are interested.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators