Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Proxy Bidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remember guys that once a proxy bid is placed on a name listed in the auction, it can't be removed.

So if you have your eye on a name or three, it's a good idea to place a proxy bid so you know it will be in the auction.

Upvote 0

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Remember guys that once a proxy bid is placed on a name listed in the auction, it can't be removed.

So if you have your eye on a name or three, it's a good idea to place a proxy bid so you know it will be in the auction.

Errr ... the proxy bid can't be removed, or the domain(s) can't be removed? Is the 3:00 p.m. CST Friday deadline for edit/removal still in effect? Not overly concerned about it, but don't have much experience with Proxies ... thanks! :)
:cool:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost.com

Errr ... the proxy bid can't be removed, or the domain(s) can't be removed? Is the 3:00 p.m. CST Friday deadline for edit/removal still in effect?

Once a proxy bid has been placed the proxy bid can't be removed or edited.

You have until Friday at 3:00PM CST to edit or remove names that don't have proxy bids.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks!?! I'm really sorry for this ... IF someone puts a proxy bid on a name TODAY, then the domain owner cannot edit or remove that domain by Friday at 3 p.m. CST?? :eek:
Maybe I'm missing something here. Thanks for clarifying.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

You have until Friday at 3:00PM CST to edit or remove names that don't have proxy bids.

Once a name has a proxy bid, that name can't be edited or removed by seller. It is there to stay.

Once a buyer has placed a proxy bid on a name, that proxy bid can't be edited or removed. The buyer is bound to the proxy bid.

Any name that has no proxy bid on it can be edited or removed up until the preceeding Friday by 15:00 CST.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Sharpy ... but I still don't get it. So, if there IS a proxy bid on a domain, then it cannot be edited or removed?? If they DO have Proxy bids on them, in other words, can we, as owners, still modify or remove them?? How would we know if there is a Proxy on ours? You see. :confused:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How would we know if there is a Proxy on ours? You see. :confused:

Try to edit or delete. If you can't, it has a proxy bid on it. :)

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, if there IS a proxy bid on a domain, then it cannot be edited or removed?? If they DO have Proxy bids on them, in other words, can we, as owners, still modify or remove them?? How would we know if there is a Proxy on ours? You see. :confused:

That's right. The reason you can't edit or remove is that the potential buyer has to know that his proxy bid is on the domain as it was listed.

I assume you would know there was a proxy bid on your name by the fact that the remove/edit buttons would not be visible on that name when you looked at your listings.

k, cool you list a name with a starting bid of $1.00 and I'll put a proxy bid of $1.00 and then you see if you can remove or edit it lol.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So the new Proxy bids OVERRIDE the established deadline of 3:00 p.m. Friday? I dunno, this doesn't seem right to me for some reason. Have I missed a disclosure for this in another area, or am I just not familiar with the Proxies, in general? Thanks a lot. Seriously. To both Sharpy and Greg.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is you really shouldn't list a name you don't want to sell, period.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I agree with that Greg. However, I know people sometimes "list" quickly with the intent to return to the edit/removal area by 3:00 p.m. Friday in order to update it properly (or remove it) for the auction. I guess what we're saying NOW is "get it right the first time, or a Proxy WILL prevent you from removing this from auction". Correct? It's that disclosure that I'm concerned with here, or lack of it at the present time.
Please understand, I'm just trying to clarify this for EVERYONE. You may Proxy mine all night long if you wish. :D
Thanks.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Read the rules. :)

http://www.dnforum.com/auction.php

LOL. That'll work! :D
"Once a proxy bid has been placed on a listing, that listing can not be edited or deleted."

Had not noticed this one on my last visit to the Rules' area. Fair enough, as it's probably pretty new. I'm still glad we had this input in the thread here though ... for clarification purposes ... in advance of Sunday's :cool: auction! I appreciate the feedback.
See you then, and Good Luck to all.
Stay :cool:

sornman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also, since the auction this past Sunday, there has been the statement:

Once a proxy bid has been placed for a domain, no changes or deletions of that name are allowed.

on the Auction Signup page. It was added before anyone had the ability to list any names for this week's coming auction.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sornman
Also, since the auction this past Sunday, there has been the statement:

Once a proxy bid has been placed for a domain, no changes or deletions of that name are allowed.

on the Auction Signup page. It was added before anyone had the ability to list any names for this week's coming auction.

That's cool, thanks Sornman! :D
Again, IMHO I'm glad it was "discussed" here, though, for the record. Proxies, I don't believe, are 100% clear to everyone ... especially me :D , so I appreciate the input and your patience.
Good enough.
Have fun!

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How many domains are we allowed to list on Sundays auction, I had over 15 last week & am able to only upload 10 this week :confused:

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ProDealers
How many domains are we allowed to list on Sundays auction, I had over 15 last week & am able to only upload 10 this week :confused:

I betch'a that's intentional, Pro! I noticed that "TopNames.com" currently has only 10 listed, as well ... I'm at 9, and another member is less than 10. You're at 10. The last two auctions have been very long, and I'm sure there are efforts now to reign in on the previous 20 allowed for Platinums for both 3/16 and 3/23.
Good Luck with your sales! :D

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did'nt think it was that long.....went pretty smooth in my opinion with many people betting right to the end :cool:

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Again, my GUESS is that they'll play with the allowed listing numbers for a few weeks or more to see what works best ... I know a lot of people thought 20 was too many per week, perhaps 10 or even 5 in the future. I imagine we'll be experimenting with those numbers (now) next. Whatever works out best is :cool: with me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom