Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Psychological.net just bought it from buydomains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello guys

just bought this domain , It is not for sale but I would like to know what do you think of it?

all feedbacks are welcomed

thanks

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Get a refund. Don't let them have a Merry Christmas at your expense. Shame on them for selling this to you.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chances are that you overpaid, but I assume you have a business plan that requires it or gives it some unique value to you, so value is relative.
I would appraise this name at low XXX (and that seems generous)

But again, if you have a plan and your business needs this name, it is worth what you paid for it. I've paid more than market value for a name or two that I really wanted, and it has never bothered me a bit. Asking for an appraisal though, is asking for a reality check that you might not like.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get a refund. Don't let them have a Merry Christmas at your expense. Shame on them for selling this to you.

I dont know but I have been very lucky with most domains I bought from buydomains and most prices I paid for their names were easily achievable

I really wished many times if buydomains own the name I wanted to buy because you will be able to get it because they are company and they are selling

thanks for your feedback

the good thing I gave them Merry Christmas :D

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

chances are that you overpaid, but I assume you have a business plan that requires it or gives it some unique value to you, so value is relative.
I would appraise this name at low XXX (and that seems generous)

But again, if you have a plan and your business needs this name, it is worth what you paid for it. I've paid more than market value for a name or two that I really wanted, and it has never bothered me a bit. Asking for an appraisal though, is asking for a reality check that you might not like.

If you have business plan for the name , others will have the same plan
I bought two words dot net name from them for 1400$ for a business plan 6 years ago , and all people here said it is worth 100$ to reg fees
I gave up my business plan and parked the name, then I sold it for 12,000$ last year

may be it is only me with luck plays the major role

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have business plan for the name , others will have the same plan
I bought two words dot net name from them for 1400$ for a business plan 6 years ago , and all people here said it is worth 100$ to reg fees
I gave up my business plan and parked the name, then I sold it for 12,000$ last year

may be it is only me with luck plays the major role

That was like hitting the lottery. Congrats on that one, but the percentages don't favor you doing the same thing again. If your business model is flipping domains you get from buydomains, you may want to rethink it.

steitieh

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got countless Reg. fee, I dont like it, get a refund, you suck etc appraisals in many of my appraisal requests :) and had EVERYONE of them sell for big buck... what I am trying to say here is that some people just "Dont know they dont know :) " and some just like to spit out some wise (NOT) advice and personal preferencess based on absolutely nothing but speculation because we all know each and every domain is 100% unique.

Regarding this domain, I'd agree with 2gajgops that it's not gonna be an easy flip , but I kinda like it! If I were to be the owner of this name, I'd have it developed because it makes more sense to be sold as a business with subdomains like "Tests" and "Counseling" (tests.psychological.net or even www.psychological.net/tests ) etc..

I bought many names from buydomains.com and never lost in any, in fact, doubled my money at least (but thats ONLY because I sold the name before buying it ;) )

Best of luck bud.

~Rami

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got countless Reg. fee, I dont like it, get a refund, you suck etc appraisals in many of my appraisal requests :) and had EVERYONE of them sell for big buck..
~Rami

that's why it is important to put the name for appraisal , it will be a fantastic piece of history to read after selling the domain years later :D

thanks for input

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

That was like hitting the lottery. Congrats on that one, but the percentages don't favor you doing the same thing again. If your business model is flipping domains you get from buydomains, you may want to rethink it.

Flipping domains is not a good business anyway, if you believe the name is good you will never sell until the right offer comes

thanks for your input

steitieh

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's why it is important to put the name for appraisal , it will be a fantastic piece of history to read after selling the domain years later :D

thanks for input

Take it easy "ya Ragel" :) ... after all, it's what people think the name is worth. The only downfall I see in the appraisal threads is: when you get to find an end user who's willing to pay good money for the domain being appraised, then he Googles the name just to find many reg. fee or low X etc... I've faced that several times, it doesn't make the sale impossible, just makes it harder explaining to the end user that the people appraising aren't the geniuses they think they are.. thats all :)

Other than that, my only purpose of listing my domains to be appraised is just to see what people think. My preference and plan to the name never change (whether the appraisal was a reg. fee or a gazillion buck) I always know (based on what I think) what my domains are worth.

Best of luck,
~Rami

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Whatever the name sells for in the future has absolutely no bearing on what the name is worth now. Whatever the buyer paid for Psychological.net, I can pretty much guarantee that he wouldn't be sell it for that anytime soon. So, that makes it a bad buy as far as domains go. If he turns it into a business and sells the BUSINESS in the future, it still doesn't make the name worth much today.

Some of you people still don't understand the concept. Generally, it goes like this..............The worse a name is, the more nonsense comments you will see about it having value "if developed". People continue to miss the point about valuation and they often confuse a business with a domain name. I even see it when huge companies are sold, some of which are publicly traded. You can usually count on a few people to start a thread saying something to the effect of: "Salesforce.com just sold for 400 million". What can I say? You don't get it, and some of you never will, but there are some new domainers who read this thread and the ones who deserve to have success will see through your line of bullshit when you guys continually muddy the waters when it comes to domain appraisals.

If nobody would pay anywhere near that price for a stand-alone name right now, it hardly makes that particular appraisal mean anything. If you owned a building and a plot of land then that building is worth the going rate for similar buildings and plots of land. You can figure out a reasonable range. And no two buildings or plots of land are exactly alike, are they? It really would be intellectually dishonest to say that that same building and land is worth what a successful restaurant at that location would be worth. That is the mistake that continually gets made here. The building and land are worth one thing. In the future, if someone buys the building and land and builds a successful business, then sells the business, that means he has sold a business that contains the building and land. The value is in the business at that point. Valuable land can make it easier to have a successful business, but if you create a good business on not so valuable land, then when you sell the business it is because the business is strong. It still doesn't make the low-value land prime real estate. If you build a great online business on a bad domain name, it will be your business skills that determine the value when you sell. It doesn't mean that your bad name is suddenly a good name.

It is not a hard concept to understand. To take it a little further. Manhattan buildings and land are worth more than small town buildings and land. That is the difference between dotcom and most of the other nonsense extensions. They are NOT the same. One space commands a premium because it is a more desirable space and more money is transacted there. There are certainly names that lend themselves to development, but you still want the prime time real estate if you are starting a business. When it comes to terrible or awkward names in bad extensions, it is the equivalent of saying that you are going to start selling luxury cars in the poorest town you can find. Good luck having success if you don't even understand basic economic ideas. If you don't understand what makes a name have value you should refrain from wild irrational appraisals that you would never pay yourself.

Last edited:

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, don't like it no matter what you paid and knowing BD it was likely at least mid 3 figures or more since they don't sell names cheap.

It's too difficult to spell and a poor value extension.

what about google keywords search

it has over 1,200,000 monthly results, I think these are good results and many people are typing the term ?!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is a decent keyword and may be a nice buy if you got it under 1k for development purposes. The detractors are the fact that is is hard to spell and that it is not .com. I also think this is a tough one to flip for more than 1k, but not impossible. I would predict that if this was on namejet as a pre-release...it would get about $500.

steitieh

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whatever the name sells for in the future has absolutely no bearing on what the name is worth now. Whatever the buyer paid for Psychological.net, I can pretty much guarantee that he wouldn't be sell it for that anytime soon. So, that makes it a bad buy as far as domains go. If he turns it into a business and sells the BUSINESS in the future, it still doesn't make the name worth much today.

Some of you people still don't understand the concept. Generally, it goes like this..............The worse a name is, the more nonsense comments you will see about it having value "if developed". People continue to miss the point about valuation and they often confuse a business with a domain name. I even see it when huge companies are sold, some of which are publicly traded. You can usually count on a few people to start a thread saying something to the effect of: "Salesforce.com just sold for 400 million". What can I say? You don't get it, and some of you never will, but there are some new domainers who read this thread and the ones who deserve to have success will see through your line of bullshit when you guys continually muddy the waters when it comes to domain appraisals.

If nobody would pay anywhere near that price for a stand-alone name right now, it hardly makes that particular appraisal mean anything. If you owned a building and a plot of land then that building is worth the going rate for similar buildings and plots of land. You can figure out a reasonable range. And no two buildings or plots of land are exactly alike, are they? It really would be intellectually dishonest to say that that same building and land is worth what a successful restaurant at that location would be worth. That is the mistake that continually gets made here. The building and land are worth one thing. In the future, if someone buys the building and land and builds a successful business, then sells the business, that means he has sold a business that contains the building and land. The value is in the business at that point. Valuable land can make it easier to have a successful business, but if you create a good business on not so valuable land, then when you sell the business it is because the business is strong. It still doesn't make the low-value land prime real estate. If you build a great online business on a bad domain name, it will be your business skills that determine the value when you sell. It doesn't mean that your bad name is suddenly a good name.

It is not a hard concept to understand. To take it a little further. Manhattan buildings and land are worth more than small town buildings and land. That is the difference between dotcom and most of the other nonsense extensions. They are NOT the same. One space commands a premium because it is a more desirable space and more money is transacted there. There are certainly names that lend themselves to development, but you still want the prime time real estate if you are starting a business. When it comes to terrible or awkward names in bad extensions, it is the equivalent of saying that you are going to start selling luxury cars in the poorest town you can find. Good luck having success if you don't even understand basic economic ideas. If you don't understand what makes a name have value you should refrain from wild irrational appraisals that you would never pay yourself.

Duh! Domain appraising 101!!! you just dont know that people perfectly know what you're saying!!! Another important thing; you dont need to give a lecture when you believe he should get a refund and some others believe it's worth more no matter what their reason is.

Also, people have their own way in saying the domain (stand alone) has little to no value... some people would say: get it developed and some would say get a refund right? :) its just how polite you'd like to be in a professional world.

what about google keywords search

it has over 1,200,000 monthly results, I think these are good results and many people are typing the term ?!

Its more like 18K exact global searches and 8K exact local ... Searches are for the exact term, so you would only assume to get like 50 to 70% of that traffic if you were ranking number 1 in Google for this term and almost none of that traffic if the domain is parked as that number dilutes mostly in the first page and 2nd sometimes.
Plus, (just my 2cents) you dont need to defend your domain if you like it.

I think it is a decent keyword and may be a nice buy if you got it under 1k for development purposes. The detractors are the fact that is is hard to spell and that it is not .com. I also think this is a tough one to flip for more than 1k, but not impossible. I would predict that if this was on namejet as a pre-release...it would get about $500.

Hats off to Onward, straight to the point appraisal that has NOTHING between the lines to be said or an attempt to say "HEY, I am the ONLY one over here who understands this crap and you need to exactly believe and listen to what I say" :)

Merry Christmas Guys :)

~Rami

Reaction score
'it has over 1,200,000 monthly results, I think these are good results and many people are typing the term ?!'

You tell us. You bought it so will know if anyone is visiting. Google terms are often misquoted by people who don't understand their significance (or insignificance). And steitieh this is a domain appraisal forum where people give their OPINIONS. Some are based on hard cold facts and others on lottery wins/prayers. Don't let that chip on your shoulder make you lose track of what *really* happens in the domain market. You are doing exactly the same as the people you are lambasting - claiming that your opinion is correct and theirs are invalid.

Last edited:

steitieh

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
'it has over 1,200,000 monthly results, I think these are good results and many people are typing the term ?!'

You tell us. You bought it so will know if anyone is visiting. Google terms are often misquoted by people who don't understand their significance (or insignificance). And steitech this is a domain appraisal forum where people give their OPINIONS. Some are based on hard cold facts and others on lottery wins. Don't let that chip on your shoulder lose track of what *really* happens in the domain market. You are doing exactly the same as the people you are lambasting - claiming that your opinion is correct and theirs are invalid.

And here you go doing the same as well. Read the sequence of replies and you'll know who went on the way of the other.

Merry Christmas

~Rami

Reaction score
I'm not saying your opinion is right or wrong or that mine is so read again.
Anyway my *opinion* is that this domain is pretty worthless undeveloped. That doesn't mean it's not worth developing but, as it stands, it's an undeveloped dot net with a keyword that, on first glance looks strong, but doesn't have a clear route to monetisation. Google terms are completely irrelevant on an undeveloped dot net. It's value at this stage lies in the domainer to domainer shuffle and therefore I would say in the low to mid $xxx liquid value (and personally I wouldn't pay that).

Last edited:

steitieh

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying your opinion is right or wrong or that mine is so read again.

Right. But I was more commenting on the fact that I never impose my opinion over other's opinions until they do so... after all, it's not my domain nor do I have any benefits whether he sells it or not, and whether it's appraised highly or not. I was Just stressing on the fact that many people here are just pushing their opinions OVER your opinion which makes you want to do the same naturally.

~Rami

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
With bad names like this I never argue if someone in the thread wants to pay real money for it right now. So, I assume those of you who are appraising high have PM'd the OP and made your offers. That is how it works when someone lists a good name. People see that it might be a bargain and they make some offers. Of course, since the OP knows he overpaid he says it is not for sale. He comes in weak right from the start to save embarrasment. Only a fool would overpay for a name like this and then say it is not for sale. He knows that nobody will offer anywhere close to what he paid, whatever the hell that is.

Are you ready to commit to offering 50 percent of what this OP paid for the name? Do you have the guts to offer half of what he paid.....not knowing what he paid as of yet? I bet you don't, because you don't trust that he made a wise decision. Whatever he paid was way too much, so if you disagree then you should be ready to make a cash money offer for HALF OFF right now. Or, at least be ready to offer somewhat close to what you appraise the name for.

If you cannot do that then you cannot be taken seriously. I would not pay $100 for this, but a few of you probably would, so that makes it worth exactly what the highest offer is. And I haven't seen an offer yet. The reason I am harsh with many of my appaisals is because I know that deep down many of you would have no problem selling a horseshit name like this to a newbie for whatever you could hustle out of him. So, keep bringing these lame names to this section. The name is not a good name, and if you think it is then the next time you go out on a date mention that you own this name and see if it gets you anywhere. The type of insight it takes to overpay and overvalue this name is not the type of insight that generally will lead to success in domains. It is a brick wall type of name. It is cancerous, too. It is robbing you and others of valuable time on earth. You listed it in the thread and now people are spending hours upon hours thinking about this terrible name. Whatever was paid for the name, you can add another few hundred just for the time spent on this thread. The clock will be ticking and you will likely never come close to getting your money back. That is not good business.

Last edited:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would say low xxx to reseller. May be worth x,xxx to end users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom