Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Public service ads on dnforum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh looks like the PSA plague has stricken dnforum.
As anyone who uses adsense to generate revenue knows, google has ben real finicky the past three weeks or so with the ads they serve on your site.
Seeing public service ads here does come as a little surprise though, I thought they only did that when the site has crappy content.
I just viewed maybe 5 pages and saw 3 PSA's.

Sorry to see that guys, looks like the party is slowly coming to an end, or a new begining at that.

I noticed this trend on many of my sites as well. :veryangry

Any thoughts?

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They also show PSA's on pages they do not know the content of yet, on a forum, I would expect this could happen often as this is now /showthread.php?t=53453 for
example. I was mesing around with adsense awhile back and did notice it would show a PSA for each new set of parameters for a dynamicly generated page, and the crawl it, then show the targeted ads... I assumed it was because it was a test site, and it had no real historic data to target ads to, but maybe it will do this even for established sites, at least at times?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can set default ads, like "welcome to dnforum" to replace the PSA's, but that still sucks. No $. The old style was better, thay looked like the ads. What they should do is put generic ads there, so they pay out .. but they won't do that.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's strange becuase, befire thay changed the way the psa's look, i never saw one at dnforum. It seems NOW they are appearing, and before they weren't. That's interesting.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
looks like a lot of sites are showing PSA only .. may be a google glitch

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup.

I have taken a huge hit with adsense's new algorithm. An avid user with adsense on literally hundreds of thousands of webpages, (Im not at a million yet) I am well aware of the fact that they appear on pages they are unaware of. But things are getting eerie lately, for instance out of the 5 pages I saw before I posted that note, one was dnforum's home page!

And, yes, now that they changed the format they are appearing where they never appeared before.
I am getting very afraid of what to expect next.
It was fun while it lasted I have to say that. :party:

At leastdrop the value of the ad (even though they did that too), but at least show someone's brand name in the spot. And pay out a nickle where they paid fifty cents. At least! Don't stiff us with a big billboard on our sites. At least give us something, some reason to want to enjoy the program, even if its a fraction of what it was.

This way, their advertiser base would grow at a fast pace as well, because advertisers will pay a dime where they paid a buck before.

What are they thinking?? :emba:

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Giant, - three posts in a row, nice hat trick!
Obviously this is something to make us twitch with concern!
This sucks, I hope a datacenter is down and its a temp situation.
I'm praying.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My sites are all showing "Google Error" or the "new" PSA or pay ads. Changes with each refresh.

I have seen PSA'a on DNF many times before the change though.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sharpy said:
My sites are all showing "Google Error" or the "new" PSA or pay ads. Changes with each refresh.

Ohh seems like all my sites are screwed up now.

Hope this gets fixed real quick I cant afford to give away ad space for free, you know...

%+|

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uhh

Google has taken all Adsense ads off their site.
Maybe there was terrorist attack on the adsense datacenter???

Now this sucks even more because besides being an adsense publisher, i'm also an adwords advertiser. (And i'm also the hair club president)
But now my leads have been cut off!
****in a

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ugg, yeah, when I first posted I was still seeing paid ads, now I see that they are everywhere, the PSAs. For what it is worth you can put in your own banner rotatation into the goggle default as well, I have a cgi program that I made the changes to to support working with the way goodle expects. Was planning to launch a site to offer it as a service, but had some other things to get done first. If this keeps up I will have to bump that up, or take on some help. Anyone want to host a banner rotation program? It works best with postgresql, but could probably be made to work with mysql as well.

Tony

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is crap google should pay for the problem...

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lot's of talk on cnbc today about an impending google IPO and certain sec filings due by next Thurs.

If you've got media contacts, let them know about the problem. Get this on the news and you can bet it will be fixed quickly.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google has gone down hill....

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For what its worth they wrote me an email basically telling me that they had problems and immediately had it fixed by the technicians.
Guess immediately took a little bit longer by the time it reached the end users.
Sort of like how light travels through space. :undecided

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most adsense publishers seem to have taken a big decline starting about April 2, with much lower EPC and other negatives.

Regarding. PSA. That has also happened to several of my sites. One of them had good relevant ads running regularly since last August when I joined Adsense, uuntil this week when the ads were suddenly replaced with PSA ads for no reason. As a side note, the new PSA ads even look very ugly compared to the old style PSA's.

My undeserved PSA site also has same website content and even same Page Rank, which Google did not reduce as you would expect them to do if they feel a site is suddenly unworthy of good ads. Very odd. Why can't the big G get all of this right and stop the ongoing mostly negative changes?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yay for PSAs!

Google donates to charity :-D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
happening again today. Hits all sites at same time, so is not a content issue

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
Most adsense publishers seem to have taken a big decline starting about April 2, with much lower EPC and other negatives.

They probably need to siphon the cash off to pay Goldman for the impending IPO. :)

I have some associates who've said getting attention from google mgmt has been difficult over the past month. Probably has no bearing on Adsense, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom