Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Puppy shoots man while he was killing his puppy brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would like to adopt this dog he probably has a great future

Police: Puppy Shot Man Trying To Kill Dogs

POSTED: 7:02 am EDT September 9, 2004
UPDATED: 1:22 pm EDT September 9, 2004

PENSACOLA, Fla. -- A man who was trying to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs made the .38-caliber revolver discharge, deputies said.
CLICK HERE for more images from the story.
Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, of Pensacola, was charged with felony animal cruelty, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.

Police: Puppy Shoots Man
Bradford was being treated at an undisclosed hospital for the gunshot wound to his wrist, said sheriff's Sgt. Ted Roy.

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old puppies in the head because he couldn't find another home for the shepherd-mix dogs, according to the sheriff's office.

On Monday, he was holding two puppies, one in his arms and another in his left hand, when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger, making the gun discharge, the sheriff's report said.

The revolver and a rifle were seized from the home, deputies said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford's home, Roy said. The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption.

"That should never have to happen," said Bruce Rova, director of the Escambia County Animal Shelter. "There are so many options people have. We'll try to find them a new home."

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thats sad that he did kill some of them :(. At least the others survived.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's sad, but animals that cannot be cared for are better shot than left to roam, scavenge, spread disease and procreate. It's a sad commentary on society when a man is charged with felony animal cruelty for ending the lives of animals -- especially considering the ASPCA will probably have to do it themselves in just a few days -- albeit with a syringe instead of a bullet. At least this guy has the decency to do it with a bullet instead of by physically smacking the dogs against a wall or some other more cruel and commonly practiced method (or so I've heard -- I am not speaking from experience here).

On the other hand, it is quite funny to envision the animal pawing at the trigger and shotting the guy. IMHO, he may not have been cruel, but you just have to lock a guy like that up for just being stupid enough to try and hold two dogs and a cocked revolver at the same time. (Do I hear a nomination for a Darwin award?)

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
It's sad, but animals that cannot be cared for are better shot than left to roam, scavenge, spread disease and procreate. It's a sad commentary on society when a man is charged with felony animal cruelty for ending the lives of animals -- especially considering the ASPCA will probably have to do it themselves in just a few days -- albeit with a syringe instead of a bullet. At least this guy has the decency to do it with a bullet instead of by physically smacking the dogs against a wall or some other more cruel and commonly practiced method (or so I've heard -- I am not speaking from experience here).

On the other hand, it is quite funny to envision the animal pawing at the trigger and shotting the guy. IMHO, he may not have been cruel, but you just have to lock a guy like that up for just being stupid enough to try and hold two dogs and a cocked revolver at the same time. (Do I hear a nomination for a Darwin award?)

Sadly I agree with you. But he SHOULD have had his dog fixed first.

There is a documentary on HBO about a dog pound somewhere on the US West Coast, and they discuss the reality of the business. Some shelters now have a "no kill" policy, which is pushed by animal activists. The REALITY is that many dogs are not adoptable, because they are dangerous, mostly because their owners never bothered to train them. This shelter tests dogs, and if they have dangerous signs, put to death because they will never be adoped.

At "no-kill" shelters, they are put in small cages with other dogs they often do not get along with, and never let out. They cannot rest because when there are 50 - 100 dogs in a concrete room the noise is defening because some will always be barking. Most dogs literally go insane. They start spinning in circles, slowly at first, and then faster over the months as the torture if being in a small cage with no sleep increases. They often have to just live with whatever desease, illness, or injury they aquire because of the sheer cost of housing a dog that will NEVER be adopted for 10 years or more.

I've said it before and I'll say it again NEVER give a dime to PETA if you care about the well-being of animals. They are doing the opposite of what they claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom