Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Purchasing a domain on sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2kinteg916

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im not that experienced with sedo but the last time i purchased a domain i made a offer and the seller accepted it.

I been looking at a domain and it says

Buy now

If the seller accepts it would it go to auction?

Seems like it would screw the buyer if it did since its a buy now price

lakroze

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
naah, even with the price, he can put it on auction if he wish
contact him on private (whois info?) and negotiate the final price, or - if you hire one of their (sedo) brokers ($50-60 - you decide if it;s worth) he have the option to negotiate the price without the option for auction

Last edited:

s2kinteg916

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If i click buy now it takes me to a payment page like a shopping cart. It doesnt mention anything about a auction

lakroze

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm, they do changed the look and feel in their site lately, so they might added it, I'm 100% sure though that with broker you can do it for sure without going on auction. I'm not 100% sure about the other way

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm, they do changed the look and feel in their site lately, so they might added it, I'm 100% sure though that with broker you can do it for sure without going on auction. I'm not 100% sure about the other way

Sedo has a number of pricing options. One of them is "fixed price". Fixed price domains don't go to auctions. Another pricing option is to enter a minimum price, or to give a price expectation.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
According to what they have at SEDO:

If the domain name is listed as “Make Offer,” the following options are available to the Seller when ANY offer is made:

Accept the Offer
  1. If the Seller accepts your offer, an agreement will be reached and the transfer process will begin.
Place a Counter-Offer
  1. If the Seller places a counter-offer, you will receive an email notification. You will then be able to log into your Sedo account to respond by accepting or placing a new counter-offer.

Matching a previous offer or counter-offer does not lead to a sales agreement. Either party will have to use the “accept” option, when available, to finalize the agreement.
Start an Auction
  1. When a seller receives an offer on a domain, he/she is able to start an auction within five (5) days. If the seller chooses this option, your original offer will serve as the reserve price. Therefore, the seller accepts your bid unless a bid for a higher amount is made by the end of the auction. The auction end time is scheduled for seven (7) days following the placement of your original offer.
If a domain name is listed on our marketplace as “Fixed Price” (or “Buy Now” on the Offer page), an agreement is reached upon accepting the amount that the domain name is listed for.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

I was checking YouTube and see that Sedo started a channel just 3 weeks ago, only a couple of subscribers to this point, 1 video - http://www.youtube.com/user/SedoLLC

Watching the video right now, half way thru it and they're going thru buying a domain there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom