Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pure murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This entire past week at Sedo has been pure murder. Average PPC dropped to 6 cents a click, down from $0.50 and up, all while clicks and CTR remained the same. I'm thinking that it's time for some transparency about what the heck is going on.

rehash

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
6 cents is still good, I think I get less

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This entire past week at Sedo has been pure murder. Average PPC dropped to 6 cents a click, down from $0.50 and up, all while clicks and CTR remained the same. I'm thinking that it's time for some transparency about what the heck is going on.

When some members here were saying how good Sedo ppc was and praising their payouts I knew there was no way if would last more than a short time before negative threads appeared. It was likely a fluke or anomaly that you received good income for a while in the past. I have seen that also happen (and also experienced it myself) at other ppc firms, but not sure why. Anyone know why?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I doubt it. I had a record 3 weeks in September. Then the last 10 days it dropped, all while my traffic and CTR remained stable - some days it even increased. The drop in PPC is huge. Of course, it's still better than the Yahoo feeds served by Parked.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just moved some names back to Sedo after a long time away, I am averaging about $0.03 per click, up $0.01 from ND :rolleyes:

I have also noticed this last week that my adsense ppc has dropped by about 50%... :sigh2:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt it.
I would like to add that even though September was my best for 2009, it is still far short of previous years' best month and month-to-month averages.

For the year, I am down perhaps 60% from previous years' averages.

requestingbackup

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i always thought it went off a percentage of unique views vs. clicks.... if i get lots of views and only 1 click i usually get 7 cents, but if i get only a handful of views and lots of clicks i've gotten as much as $1.50 per click. i think thats fair, kinda making money off nothing anyway...

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
epc is determined by how much the advertiser is willing to pay for click thru's on a keyword

their budgets may go up or down within a given period and this is reflected in your parking earnings

this may account for some who are receiving lower earnings, when compared to previous weeks.

imo...

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
epc is determined by how much the advertiser is willing to pay for click thru's on a keyword

their budgets may go up or down within a given period and this is reflected in your parking earnings

this may account for some who are receiving lower earnings, when compared to previous weeks.

imo...

I think that is fairly well understood by those who have parked domains but I believe that complaining about ppc earnings is a prerequisite for becoming a real domainer. :smilewinkgrin:

One thing that I find annoying, however,is that on days where the actual number of clicks goes up, the epc always seems to go down... I had a record day for clicks on one site last week, and earned less than half of what I normally get per click :-(

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing that I find annoying, however,is that on days where the actual number of clicks goes up, the epc always seems to go down... I had a record day for clicks on one site last week, and earned less than half of what I normally get per click :-(

I always suspected the revenue from the ppc firm is on an account basis rather than based solely on what the advertisers or feed providers pay, Or at best a combination of how much they feel you should be paid combined with the real revenue they receive. I could be wrong in thinking that way but have seen and experienced things related to thinking that way for a long time.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I presume that EPC is based on which ad is clicked. It is not so much as which ad appears first as it is what a particular advertiser is paying.

If you look at a Sedo landing page, you'll see something like ten ads.

The ad appearing first - if you refresh the page, that ad may drop to seventh place on the page.

I do not think ranking on google or how much company A pays vs company B as Sedo displays these in random order. At least that is what I have seen.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So where is the best place to park these days?

-=DCG=-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-

Short answer is none of the parking firms pay good as they did in the past :worried: They probably all pay about the same on average but with occasional up ticks.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When it comes to domain parking, I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. That's why I started to move domains away from parking and decided to forward them to developed websites instead. Pooling the type-in traffic from domains and sending that traffic to selected websites makes it easier to close direct advertising deals.

Anyway, Parked.com still does OK for U.S. traffic compared to other services. I prefer Sedo for European traffic. But as said, I'm going to remove all domains from parking soon. Maybe I won't have any domains parked anymore at the end of 2010, unless there will be a dramatic turnaround.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My stats:
All Domains, Today, Yesterday, Last 32 days, September, Year-to-date
EPC, $0.07, $0.20, $0.11, $0.11, $0.13

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems parking is becoming a way to just check your stats on domains you aren't using.

This will just move more people to develop and use affiliate programs, and find ways to make more from their domains.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nobody should rely on 1 parking provider. I've been able to increase my revenue by over 50% by testing names at 2 or more parking companies and putting the domains at wherever they perform best. I prefer Parked and Sedo, but like others, been getting hammered with low CPC last week or so. Am hoping that advertisers are just moving funds toward holiday push and we'll see some big jumps in bids coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom