Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Putting one over on fellow domainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Have you ever come across a sales thread where a seller tries to put one over on us? and it's so obvious that you want to paddle him, but you cant because it would violate rules?

The most egregious are the ones where a seller posts in the external links forum, where he or a friend enters a shill bid on Ebay or Sedo for the purpose of getting interest in the domain.... Like were all stupid not to see through it.

They really insult our intelligence when they do this, and they get away with it because the rules protect them,... There must be some kind of rule in place to close these threads down. Come on.

Upvote 0

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i saw that one and then went over to Youtube to listen to BYE BYE BYE!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow :jaw:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i saw that one and then went over to Youtube to listen to BYE BYE BYE!

What's even more laughable is he cites this sale;

InMemoryOfMichaelJackson.com was sold for $1,000,000

If it sold for $100, I'd be amazed.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate the threads where they give phony Alexa rank or "traffic" domains that are wierd extensions with no backlinks and no possible organic traffic.

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
everyone have their rags to riches dreams , specially on domain business what new domainers see is sedo sales , and all other sales , they see how even crappy name sold for so much but what they dont see is how much the fellow domainer have put in it to make the sale happen, his research and time finding a end user and so on..

And when people are new they always think their domain is solid no mater what others say , even if god comes to you and say those domain are crap drop them ,you ignore god lol happened to me about one year ago , too much expectations when people enter this feild because unlike other professional in which people do like degree , they know stuff about it already , in this business people ( mostly ) jump into the part of registering like 100s of crap domains then learn the ways of domaining , read forums posts , other ciriticizing and then they go like OH ... OH .. OK thats how it works

but the thread openers point is correct , its annoying and i dont know what runs in their mind

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes see, that is rubbish. Something must be done about that. 1 bid from a new bidder. Bidder hasn't bid on no other names either. Definite shill bid and should be called out as such.

Hey, no comments in sales thread! :lol:

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
shill bids usually aren't friends but bidding themselves from what I've seen

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
even if god comes to you and say those domain are crap drop them

Hey, can I borrow your 'god' for a few minutes and have him/her/it have a look over my portfolio?

Ohh, Oh, Oh, I almost forgot ... how much does he/she/it charge for this service and is he/she/it multilingual?

gafadi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, can I borrow your 'god' for a few minutes and have him/her/it have a look over my portfolio?

Ohh, Oh, Oh, I almost forgot ... how much does he/she/it charge for this service and is he/she/it multilingual?

he/she is pretty busy these days trying to recover the wallstreet and the worlds economy , he isn't coming to domainers no more :yes:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree these threads are slightly annoying but some people run legitimate external auctions.

How do you suggest we police these threads?

Open to ideas.

Maybe only allow external auctions to legitmate domain sales sites?

-=DCG=-

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
shill bids usually aren't friends but bidding themselves from what I've seen

I agree these threads are slightly annoying but some people run legitimate external auctions.

Open to ideas.

-=DCG=-

I suggest a validity check.

mulligan

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DCG Its pretty easy.. if someone is selling a shit name, that has an $x,xxx bid... ban them.

Bit harsh, don't you think?
One mans 'shit' is another mans gold.

The other really boring one which 90% of members here do is the "Just got a PM bid of $50,000 for crapdomain.us"

You must be really bored to be reading such threads.

But, you will have to figure out whether I'm a 'foreigner' or not and therefore base your no doubt considered reply as to whether I have a right to post on this forum?

Your rants are, frankly .. childish .. have no relevance to the marketplace, revealing in that you show your true colors, reminds me of a whinging child who has thrown their pacifier out of the pram.

Bring it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you ever come across a sales thread where a seller tries to put one over on us? and it's so obvious that you want to paddle him, but you cant because it would violate rules?

The most egregious are the ones where a seller posts in the external links forum, where he or a friend enters a shill bid on Ebay or Sedo for the purpose of getting interest in the domain.... Like were all stupid not to see through it.

They really insult our intelligence when they do this, and they get away with it because the rules protect them,... There must be some kind of rule in place to close these threads down. Come on.

Open to ideas.

-=DCG=-

provisions for reporting these types of threads are already in place

the op or anyone reading it, could have reported the thread, with evidence and it would be closed.

comments posted in sales threads, where one is providing evidence of fraud or potential fraud/scam is considered relevant to that sale.

comments like, nice name, your name sucks, why are you asking this price? etc, are not.

anyone who's been around some time, knows that we don't penalize members for bringing such instances to light.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's even more laughable is he cites this sale;

InMemoryOfMichaelJackson.com was sold for $1,000,000

If it sold for $100, I'd be amazed.

The funny part is, if you click the eBay link you see it actually "sold" for $9,999,999 (yes that's 10 mill). :lol:

I mean .. If you can't simply ignore these guys and their supposed "bids" and general bullshit, then the internet must be a very stressful place for you to hang out. :uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom