Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Puzzling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am now really confused, it seems that domainers are not willing to start an auction by placing an opening offer on Sedo!

Now you may think that this means nobody wants the domains, but to the contrary I have now had 5 different domainers contact me this week and ask for BIN prices, they all knew the domains were for sale on Sedo and destined for the auction on Sedo as soon as the minimum bid was made. All 5 have offered way above the minimum bid amount that is clearly shown on each of the domain listings, yet when I say that I definately want the domains to go to the auction none have been willing to make a bid! My question is why?

Surely the prospective buyers know that they will get a bargain if nobody else bids, and if others do bid then it is only a fair market price it will end up at. I can understand one or two domainers out of five not willing to go to auction due to some principle or other reason but five out of five does seem odd. Is the auction idea at Sedo that unpopular amoungst domainers?

Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated as I may have totally misjudged domainers psychology.

Billbo

Domain Days 2024

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are they genuine domainers, and not potential scammers?

Providing they're genuine, maybe they just want to secure the name and not alert others to it by kicking off they auction. I prefer to buy a name straight rather than bid against persons unknown.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...yet when I say that I definately want the domains to go to the auction none have been willing to make a bid! My question is why? Surely the prospective buyers know that they will get a bargain if nobody else bids.

The problem is many buyers are worried all they accomplish by bidding in an auction is competition and other bidders and a bidding war. That's great for the seller but not for the buyer. That is why the auction prices on Snapnames and Pool are so high.

If I was interested in a name at Sedo I doubt if I would ever make a bid knowing the offer would end-up sending the domain to the auction system.

I have seen that happen here too as a non-auction where members post open offers in competition with others, driving the price higher and higher. That is a reason some of us rarely if ever make an offer thru a post or auction bid and instead only deal privately by PM, emails (or buy at BIN prices), so at to not drive up the price.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Jasdon,

4 of the 5 are absolutrly bona-fida domainers, but like you I don't think they want to get into an auction environment. Just seems strange especially with the TRAFFIC auctions being so public and well watched by domainers.

Trader,

Your comments make sense as well.

It is just being in a newly expanding ccTLD market I thought it would be ideal for my domains.

Are well, I will just have to try harder I guess and rethink the approach.

Thanks guys.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If sedo wants and AUCTION page, just have one... don't force (by meer suggestion) the sellers to insult the buyers by seeking better offers before they agree.

It's in bad form.

GoPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom