Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale PW.ca sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was a nice LL .ca sale reported at DNJournal last week, by DCG.

Adam, I saw it was sold at Sedo, did a Sedo broker negotiate the sale, or did you handle it? Was it a short or long negotiation, and how did you set the price? Just wondering about the background behind the sale, if you care to share.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me suggest something:

You run accounting firm PriceWaterhouse and you want to use your corporate moniker PriceWaterhouseCoopers in the Internet.

You take pwc.com and that is it.

Except your clients in Canada keep sending messages to *@pwc.ca instead.

Those messages simply go unseen or worse because pwc.ca belongs to Pratt and Whitney Canada, which itself is a massive firm with an international reputation.

So you register pricewaterhousecoopers.ca and pray your staff, clients and suppliers do not make spelling mistakes.

You also register pricewaterhouse.ca - and keep praying.

Then you register pwccanada.ca and try to explain that pwc.ca and pwccanada.ca are not the same.

One day the managing partner realizes that you are losing time and money, perhaps quite a bit of money, because of lost electronic communications, and says, "everyone calls us PriceWaterhouse, so get us that in short form: pw.ca!"

Being accountants, and one of the four largest such firms in the world, you know it is worth good money, and that pwc.ca is unlikely to change hands, no matter what price would be fair.

I am just saying - after all it could also be PizaWorld looking for a new domain.:lol:

Also keep in mind Sedo ate $6K of the headline number, which leaves Adam with just $54K USD.

Poor guy.:lol:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then again, I hear that there could be money in piza.

Last edited:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Some typo domains work better than others - I would not expect that many people to misspell pizza because it simply appears everywhere.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some typo domains work better than others

sume typeo domanes wirk (werk & wurk are reg'd) beter thenn othurs - all strangely still available for the typomaniacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom