Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

qny.com $160,000.00 19-Sep-2006 ,WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it suppose all catch domain to start with base price of $60?
why qny.com is $160,000.00 just to back order

Its weird

Anyone have idea why this , I am seeing few domains with very high price for back order in snapname nowdays , what is going on

T

tekz999

I got this email from nelson, the senior programmer. It might be the problem.

"We had a major league denial of service attack today starting at 11:23 Pacific time and it took us a little over an hour to stop it. During that time the auctions reached their closing time as the systems were still running with the data they had, but we could not talk to them even to say stop. When we could connect again we stopped the processing as fast as possible but in the race of human against computer, computer was able to process some auctions to completion including sending all information to the registrar for the winning bidder. This meant that some bidders that had not set proxy bids were shut out. There is no way to reverse that situation as we can not take a name back from the registrant at a registrar without their permission unless they do not pay for the name per ICANN rules.

We apologize to all those who did not get to bid as they wished. We will of course look for ways to prevent such events or at least better reduce negative impact as we can.

For the auctions we could stop, there was still much verification to do and cleanup and we finally decided it was taking so long we reset the auctions to end Saturday at the usual time. Again we are very sorry for the inconvenience of that."

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those are not expiring domains, check the whois ;)

A partnership between BD & Snapnames perhaps?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BuyDomains is auctioning some of their names through SnapNames. You can email Nelson for a list, but they're also including in the Partner list on the front page of SnapNames.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
snap answer is that Buydomains is auctioning some names through snapname

But I still think this is cheating the system, That is system for drop and catch domain , If they want to sell non expired domain they should start something like SEDO and state So not sneeking in with another medhod of selling their domain with drop system, That is what I will call greed and I think they are scamming us, what other think

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you thing this is fair practice for the system , I would think if they want to sell domain , they should start a new section on the their site or new system altogether like sedo and sell domain with reserve price, For me I think they are start to practice “proposed new .org, .info and .biz registry contracts by ICANN” on their system

What will stop them in the feature to set the price to whatever they like for expired domain if they think its good instead of base price of $60, I think this greed , they should stop this and continue to save us with the clean system or if they want start new section for those domains and not mixing up, What other people think

patroiz

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are BuyDomains so expensive in general?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How is it cheating or greed? They're just selling their names through SnapNames. No-one is putting a gun to your head to mortgage your home and buy a domain..

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think you understand how domain industry are changing right now Beachie,
There is a lot of stuff going on.
People should up front and state what they doing to their users
The Snapname system is for catching expired domain from register for you , just why your paying them that amount for the service as they don't own the domain, and if more than one person request that service for the same domain then goes direct to the private auction after the catch,

But what snapname doing now are put those domains into they are text drop list download (NOT the online auction system PLEASE NOT) thus making them look like 5 day drops when in fact some don't drop for 6+ months or years for that matter, So basically they should state that to differentiate on Dropping domain, If they what to run Online Auction for own domains, that is fine but they should make it clear

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so, i'll reiterate - who's forcing you to buy them? you can actively make a choice whether you bid or not, so you either want that domain at that price or you don't. there's only one qny.com, for example, so what does it matter where the domain came from? the price is $160,000, so you're either willing to pay that or you simply don't click the little link. got it?
I don't think you understand how domain industry are changing right now Beachie,
There is a lot of stuff going on.
People should up front and state what they doing to their users
The Snapname system is for catching expired domain from register for you , just why your paying them that amount for the service as they don't own the domain, and if more than one person request that service for the same domain then goes direct to the private auction after the catch,

But what snapname doing now are put those domains into they are text drop list download (NOT the online auction system PLEASE NOT) thus making them look like 5 day drops when in fact some don't drop for 6+ months or years for that matter, So basically they should state that to differentiate on Dropping domain, If they what to run Online Auction for own domains, that is fine but they should make it clear

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
epm.net $188,000.00 riiiiiiight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom