Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Qualification for PPC Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are the qualifications to become a PPC provider like Parked, NameDrive, etc...?

OK, I am sure I am not ready yet but very curious... Any thoughts?

:yes:

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
around 750,000 uniques monthly at least for google feed I believe.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Two years ago, I've applied with more than 1 million UVM portfolio but never got an reply from Google. Well, at least I know where to apply for Google but I have no idea where to apply for Yahoo.

Thanks anyway, doc.

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
around 750,000 uniques monthly at least for google feed I believe.

This used to be a year ago.

Now I think they ask for the double (1M5). Even Y! now asks for 20M uniques and they used to ask for "just" 10M a year ago.

Two years ago, I've applied with more than 1 million UVM portfolio but never got an reply from Google. Well, at least I know where to apply for Google but I have no idea where to apply for Yahoo.

Thanks anyway, doc.

You should follow them up, because they rarely see at the applications. But if you know some "insiders" at G or email them about your application somewhere else telling to look at where you submitted it, they will look at it.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much Alex for your advice.

Does anyone has any idea about Yahoo/Overture?

I believe Overture feed has more Ads and better RPC for where I live, so far.
If you check www.assistant.com, you will see they are using Overture feed and I don't recognize their template from any PPC company, so I assume they got their own direct account with Overture.

The reason I am interested in is not just possibilities of getting more cut by dealing directly but also possibilities of controlling/optimizing for my own needs. In assistant.com, I see Korean ads and localized targeted search results and I guess it is because I am visiting their site from Korea. In contrast, I see no localized/targeted ads in my parking page in parked.com.

I used to park at namedrive which use Google feed. Their localized ads were OK but since couple months ago, the revenue dropped to alomost none. I guess they blocked click(not traffic because I can still reach my parking site and see localized ads provided by Google) from where I live. Which doesn't make sense because I parked all my Korean ccTLD domains.

I wish I could have parking pages like assistant.com so I can park all my great ccTLD domains. Well, I can guess there will be a lot of headaches if I want to deal directly with overture but what the hell! I want to know, at least.

alex75

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much Alex for your advice.

Does anyone has any idea about Yahoo/Overture?

I believe Overture feed has more Ads and better RPC for where I live, so far.
If you check www.assistant.com, you will see they are using Overture feed and I don't recognize their template from any PPC company, so I assume they got their own direct account with Overture.

The reason I am interested in is not just possibilities of getting more cut by dealing directly but also possibilities of controlling/optimizing for my own needs. In assistant.com, I see Korean ads and localized targeted search results and I guess it is because I am visiting their site from Korea. In contrast, I see no localized/targeted ads in my parking page in parked.com.

I used to park at namedrive which use Google feed. Their localized ads were OK but since couple months ago, the revenue dropped to alomost none. I guess they blocked click(not traffic because I can still reach my parking site and see localized ads provided by Google) from where I live. Which doesn't make sense because I parked all my Korean ccTLD domains.

I wish I could have parking pages like assistant.com so I can park all my great ccTLD domains. Well, I can guess there will be a lot of headaches if I want to deal directly with overture but what the hell! I want to know, at least.

The Whois for assistant.com tells it's Godaddy, so yes, probably they got a partnership with Overture directly.

Here's where you can submit your application: http://publisher.yahoo.com/sps/sps.php

But you have to have a heck of unique impressions before to even just think to submit an application there.

Actually, as you can see, it's 2M searches/month or 20M impressions/month.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is what they say

If your site generates more than two million searches or 20 million page views monthly, you may be eligible for a customized program featuring a full range of Yahoo! products along with dedicated account management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom