Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

quality of traffic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW3K

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
now that I feel like ive been rejected from a stock photography site for not having good enough photos in my portfolio, how exactly do we know what names parked.com is looking for if we cant even see our traffic before we get accepted in? is it particular types of names theyre looking for (hmm, photo subjects) or an OVT over some number? anyone? im wondering because i dont personally think someone with a name like dogs.com would park it, if i had it id develop it, so there must be less stringent criteria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont personally think someone with a name like dogs.com would park it, if i had it id develop it, so there must be less stringent criteria

mmmh, As far as I know, most of those type of name are curently packed

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Imagine seeing a ad for a job somewhere and you have to send in your resume, that's basically what our signup process is. I make it publically available who we are, now you have to tell us who you are and why we should invite you in for an interview. Impress us. If we tell you to put in a minimum of 10 domains, put in 50 or 100. Just like you would if one of the requirments to submit a resume was to include at least one reference.

You wouldn't imagine all of the generic domains that are parked with us. I'm amazed everyday.

Donny

JW3K

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so any type of generics should get you in no matter what subject area/industry etc? wouldnt it be easier to say "we have advertisers in sporting goods and electronics" if you have good domains in those areas you will likely get in? what about extensions other than .com? not exactly type ins....

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If we tell you to put in a minimum of 10 domains, put in 50 or 100. Just like you would if one of the requirments to submit a resume was to include at least one reference.
Donny

Just to mention it - I do not agree with this. I usually do not do it this way (and I have not had problems with job resumes). As I've mentioned before Parked application form is not good enough and not informative enough. Also there are some bugs/issues with the application process.

But in general, I do agree with their idea. It's a private company and they have the right to make decisions on their own.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We don't particularly care what type of gTLD or ccTLD you have. You get points for any type of domain. You may get more points for certain types of domains than others, but it's very little in the whole picture. We look to see if your domains resolve, how old are the domains, where are they currently, are they in search engines, and about 20 other things just on your domains themselves. We then try to verify who you are using many different techniques. People used to supply us with bogus information in the past and now we do everything we can to stop that from happening.

The best hint I can give you is put in valid information, supply us with all of your domains that you would consider parking with us at some time. And then the system will do the rest.

Donny

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
now that I feel like ive been rejected from a stock photography site for not having good enough photos in my portfolio, how exactly do we know what names parked.com is looking for if we cant even see our traffic before we get accepted in?

I'm not sure how the photo site rejection is connected to parked.com.

Why not just apply and see what happens. If you get rejected then you can complain. Unfortunately rejection is part of the game. Can't avoid it in business. But if you channel it well, it can make to strive harder to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom