Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question about buying domains @ GoDaddy auctions "Bid $12 or more"

Status
Not open for further replies.

htkhoi

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I saw some nice domains @ GoDaddy auctions have a textbox say "Bid $12 or more" . My questions:

- If I enter $12 and when time's up only me bid for this name, that means I only have pay $12 for it ? At Namejet the minimum for a prerelease domain is $69. I'm new with GoDaddy auctions and not sure how it works.

- Do have I to become a membership to bid ?

Thanks for your help

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'll need to sign up for a GoDaddy auction membership - $4.99. It'll be $12+renewal fees if you win the domain.

htkhoi

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, minimum amount I have to pay Godaddy is $12 + $11 = $24 - much cheaper than Namejet - Have you ever buy domains from GoDaddy auctions ? How good is it to compare with Namejet? Any info I should know about ?

Thanks

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recently there have been shill bidders at GoDaddy so watch out for that. You can add domains to watch list and wait until last minute to bid.. Also, check out the GoDaddy close out section. Domains that don't receive bids end up here with low bin.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The closeouts at Godaddy are like other venues. From time to time, good domains can be found at a low price.
While Namejet has more quality, Godaddy has more volume.

DNabc

Web Investor & Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are two different markets. At NJ you can find some rare gems, but at GD it's also possible to find some mid-value domains.
The minimum price is different but you can get into a bid war at GD and the price will be very high as well.
Another difference is VAT, but that doesn't affect you.

macclub

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am using GOdaddy auction for some times..It is good enough to start and catch a very low price PR domains..

Regards..
Anwar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom