Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question about forum sales threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNova

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to get some opinions of more experienced forum members on this as it has happened twice now and I would like to know if I am getting screwed or if I am doing something wrong. Here is the situation:

A seller creates a post stating that domain "xyz" is for sale and that they are taking offers. I post a bid in the thread and I am the highest bidder. Without any warning or prior notice, the seller completes a sale to another person through pm. And then posts directly under my high bid that the sale has been completed. Is this normal?

I feel that if you are the high bidder in a sales thread and someone outbids you through a pm to the seller, there should be at least some notification to you as the high bidder that your bid has been exceeded..which would give you time to either bid higher or back out of the sale.

In my opinion, selling domains in this manner accomplishes the following:
A. You piss people off
B. You shortchange yourself as the seller, because how do you know that I would not have bid higher?

Anyone else ever had the same problems?

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This does happen a lot, but it is not always smart on the seller's side as you pointed out in part B.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to get some opinions of more experienced forum members on this as it has happened twice now and I would like to know if I am getting screwed or if I am doing something wrong. Here is the situation:

A seller creates a post stating that domain "xyz" is for sale and that they are taking offers. I post a bid in the thread and I am the highest bidder. Without any warning or prior notice, the seller completes a sale to another person through pm. And then posts directly under my high bid that the sale has been completed. Is this normal?

Pay attention to the bold portion, they're taking offers and it is not an auction. Seller has the right to accept any price he/she deems acceptable and shouldn't have to feel obliged to chase everyone down that has submitted an offer previously.

SuperNova

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pay attention to the bold portion, they're taking offers and it is not an auction. Seller has the right to accept any price he/she deems acceptable and shouldn't have to feel obliged to chase everyone down that has submitted an offer previously.

Thanks for the comment Darren, I know how hard it can be to click a button and send a pm. Lesson Learned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom