Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question about Legal Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvanto

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A friend and I are starting an online-resume website similar to some other ones in existence already.

Because personal details are collected from users and displayed online (possibly publicly, but this is controllable by the user), we need a Terms And Conditions and Privacy POlicy, as I understand.

I was wondering what the deal is with these legal documents, generally. I have created a Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy myself, based on similar websites and believe virtually all aspects are covered (but you can't be sure I guess). What we don't want, is someone sueing us for whatever reason and then we don't have a (legal) foot to stand on.

So, in order to get these privacy policies drawn up, we were thinking of getting it done with an IT Lawyer. The issue is we don't want to spend an arm and a leg on this either.

So was just wondering if anyone had suggestions as to the best way to approach this would be? In terms of cost-saving and also sufficient legal coverage ... perhaps if someone knows of a low-cost qualified IT lawyer
(ideally based in Australia or knows Australian IT law) that can review my legal docs or something, it would be great or just to hear what general consensus is about this sort of thing ...

gvanto
legal stuff newbie

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A lawyer will be able to put together a document specific for the exact services you perform and the location of your business. There are no cookie cutter options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom