Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Question about Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If u have not included a credit card on to the paypal, u wont be able to receive any payments for the first time. Also it scares some people. There is also a limit of $100 spending on an unverified paypal account. Check it out at paypal cause i am not sure about the second thing.
But thats what happened with me...

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just two sites you may want to visit before accepting/sending large amounts of money through paypal on a regular basis.

paypalwarning.com , paypalsucks.com ( I don't know how credible these sites are but all the claims are pretty much about the same thing )

Although I shouldn't talk because I use paypal daily and have never had a big problem with it.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DigitalB said:
Just two sites you may want to visit before accepting/sending large amounts of money through paypal on a regular basis.

paypalwarning.com , paypalsucks.com ( I don't know how credible these sites are but all the claims are pretty much about the same thing )

Although I shouldn't talk because I use paypal daily and have never had a big problem with it.

I have used paypal for 2-3 years, and have dealt with many 4 figure transactions, with very few problems, but every financial institution has it's drawbacks.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
I have used paypal for 2-3 years, and have dealt with many 4 figure transactions. Never had even ONE problem. I think both of those sites suck :)

Most people don't have any problems.. however check out some of the posts over on the paypalsucks.com forum its really pretty interesting if you think about some of the stuff that people claim happens... I mean it does make sense. For example check this out:

" I'm amused by the posts that say, "But I've been a good customer of PP since the beginning and have paid thousands in fees.... why would they have done this to ME?" Let me answer that with a hypothetical question: If you were an unregulated financial services company so embittered by fraud losses that you, yourself, had completely lost whatever moral compass you might have once possessed, what would YOU rather have: a happy, content customer whos business might account for $5000 worth of fees over the next 10 years, or a person who's pissed off and will NEVER do business with you again, BUT you've got his $5000 up-front, TODAY- siezed directly out of his account with no appeal possible. Believe me, it's a no-brainer to these people. They have sort of developed a wierd corporate mindset wherein their past (and ongoing) victomization at the hands of con-artists somehow gives them license to "pass it along" to others. Think the E-Bay purchase will make it all better? Guess again. If ANY company knows the reality of on-line schermes and scams, it's E-Bay. While they certainly know that a nice chunk of their fees come from people who ultimately turn out to be thieves (but hey... their money is just as green as that of the honest folks) do you think E-Bay wants to open THEMSELVES (or a subsidary company) up to the same risks as their bidders are exposed to? No way. "

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, some of the posts are definately interesting. I think one of the main problems is with the spoof emails, that's were people are really getting screwed.

OgieOgalthorpe

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
Yes, some of the posts are definately interesting. I think one of the main problems is with the spoof emails, that's were people are really getting screwed.

Yah manual login is the only way to go now, they will try every trick in the book to get you to click that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom