Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question about Snapnames and hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Arghhgh.... Have you ever backordered a domain with SNAPNAMES.COM before? A couple of days ago, I did exactly that.

It's the first domain I've ever bought.
I didn't buy it to make a website out of, (atleast not at the minute), but more because I just liked the address.

Shortly after acquiring the domain, I received a confirmation email from the people who, I guess, are hosting the domain I've bought. The email also contained my login information for their site. https://secure2.dns-net.de/domainmanagement/

Upon signing into that page above there's a note saying "At the moment this domain has no authcode, please make a modify for this domain, we will generate a new code after this modify."

So I click the "modify" and it takes me to a big form to fill in my Owner details, Technical Contact details etc.. I complete the form and click "Next Step", but I get an error message: "There are wrong data, please check your input."
I think the problem might be that it's asking for a ZIP code and STATE. Since I'm living in the UK I don't have these. I've typed my POST CODE and my COUNTY in their replacement, but it doesn't seems to like that either. I've also tried leaving fields blank, and leaving fields with just a " - " in them. It just keeps saying "There are wrong data, please check your input."

So my question is, what should I do? Unless it accepts my info it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get my Authcode, (whatever an authcode actually is).

There's also a little FAQ section that tells you how to move to transfur the domain to another ISP, (which is definitely something I want to do). It says "First, you must change the status of your domain, the status must be 'active'. You can do this, if you choose in this form 'modify' and in the next step you can change the protect status of your domain. After this modification you must login again 20 minutes later, you will get the new code for your domain."

Thing is though, like getting my Auth code, I can't do any of that stuff unless they accept my details.

I just wonder what would happen if I used someone else's details, just so that I could get an Auth code and try transfurring the domain elsewhere. Once I've transfurred to a decent host I'd change all the details back to what they should be. Would this work? Would that be a huge mistake? Did any of this huge post make any sense?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This may be the fault of the browser you are using. I have had the same problem trying to fill in information in a form using Netscape.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found snapnames very helpful with their registrar parters...give them a call or e-mail them directly.

Coward

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

I tried using a different browser but the same problem occured so I emailed them.
Within 30 mins we had it sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom