Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question: Domain Name Pricing Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's on a reputable newsletter, it's most likely because it's worth that much, listed closer to a retail price.

I will generally go 10% to 10000% ROI on domain names, depending on time of the year, needing renewals, how much I paid, seeing potential in it etc. as well as doing research on potential buyers to see if I can jack it up. About to let a 4 month hand reg go for 24000% ROI, in the midst of O-C/O and getting to that point. What's the largest hand-reg flip in under 1 year? Let's see if I can beat it. ;)

Last night, sold one for 400% ROI. Waking up to that ain't bad.

You can price your domains however you want. It's your property.

Unlike real-estate, there are no appraisers that set a fair market value to domains... though if you've been around, you know what to pay and what to sell at. Buyers have to pay what you want or move on. The domain is the domainers property and it's that simple.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a psychological trick exists to get offers in those price ranges, does anybody know or have had successful experiences?

IF...you don't ask for $50k, then you won't get it.

IF...potential buyer's don't think your domain is worth $50K, then you won't get it.

and the only psychology involved, was getting you to subscribe to the newsletter.

:)

imo...

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One pricing strategy that doesn't work is buying a name from a DNF thread for $88 and then contacting another bidder in that same thread, a few hours later, and offering it for "low $XXXX" in PM. That would simply be idiotic. Don't you think Dlevi?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable, I've never heard of a bigger ROI in such a short time for a hand reg! Did you develop it?

Background research on keywords in a geo-targeted area. It sits at 10000% ROI now if I accept the offer, but I C/O'd with my final offer and said I'll ignore anything less. I can happily walk away losing $9 than my pride. ;)

What premium domain do you have worth 10 to 50k? Unless it's a category killer, LLL/NNN.com, an awesome CVCV or LLLL, etc... it's not worth that to the buyer straight up as Biggie mentioned, with other unaccounted factors removed as anything can sell for 10-50k to the right buyer, of course.

Trying to flip a domainer price as an end user price on a domainer forum isn't a strategy, nor is it worth the time and effort of doing as chipmeade pointed out. ;)

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Background research on keywords in a geo-targeted area. It sits at 10000% ROI now if I accept the offer, but I C/O'd with my final offer and said I'll ignore anything less. I can happily walk away losing $9 than my pride. ;)

What premium domain do you have worth 10 to 50k? Unless it's a category killer, LLL/NNN.com, an awesome CVCV or LLLL, etc... it's not worth that to the buyer straight up as Biggie mentioned, with other unaccounted factors removed as anything can sell for 10-50k to the right buyer, of course.

Trying to flip a domainer price as an end user price on a domainer forum isn't a strategy, nor is it worth the time and effort of doing as chipmeade pointed out. ;)

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uh, yeah, if it's listed on Sedo for $$$ it's gonna sell for $$$ unless you contact some end users and have some amazing The Wolf of Wall Street sales skills.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be mean, but I haven't heard the term "eCommerce" in many years. I hope you're not talking about a word with an "e" tacked onto the front of it.

Trust me, this is a steal. Generic eCommerce domain for $$$, and it took me a lot of searching to find it. I'm sure you've bought domains before for crazy low prices before when they were supposed to be priced much higher.

Also, when you say you flip Geo-targeted keywords, do you mean that you buy city .coms or keyword/profession+city .coms? I've always wanted to get into this area as well. How do you find end users that are willing to pay so much?

Thanks.

Daniel Levi

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be mean, but I haven't heard the term "eCommerce" in many years. I hope you're not talking about a word with an "e" tacked onto the front of it.

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well go for it and good luck, show us when you make DNJournal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom