Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question for SEDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have asked this question before but never received a response so will ask again.

Why is it that the keywords listed for submission to the search engines by you never include any of the key words the customer selects for optimization?

For example you will list yellowstonepark.com (not my domain just using as an example) on the first line as

url: yellowstonepark.com
then under title or second line you list it as:
yellowstonepark.com - yellowstone park (the customer's key words) - this website is for sale! (even though there is no website for sale, only the domain)

Then on the third line for key words you list: "the first internet search engine for domains, etc." but nothing about the key words optimized for that particular domain.

Then on the fourth line under description you list: domains, buy and sell domains, and then the word domains in various languages.

For an easy example of what i am referring to go to dreamsubmit.net and try submitting any domain to the major search engines they cover. (the basic service is free if you are wondering and no, it is not my domain)

It seems to me that by not including the key words optimized by either yourself or a customer under the key words selection submitted by you to search engines, a chance to maximize exposure for that domain is lost. it also explains why i can easily find a domain in a general google search as in the example above by running the words together like yellowstonepark.com but not find the domain in a general search like yellowstone park.

Hope this makes sense. Please advise.

mark

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
makes no sense to me

and I am not sure as to the relevance of submitting the domain to the website you listed

meta tags if thats what you are referring to are very little used if not at all anymore by search engines

..SEDO are not about marketing your site on the search engines.. the traffic you send is really supposed to be "Type in" traffic.. it would not be in google's interest or the advertisers interests if parking pages where all in the top positions at google.

mark

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
makes no sense to me

and I am not sure as to the relevance of submitting the domain to the website you listed

meta tags if thats what you are referring to are very little used if not at all anymore by search engines

..SEDO are not about marketing your site on the search engines.. the traffic you send is really supposed to be "Type in" traffic.. it would not be in google's interest or the advertisers interests if parking pages where all in the top positions at google.
----------------------------------------
dreamsubmit.net allows a person to automatically submit their domain to 25-50 universal SE's including google, infotiger, oneseek, search hound, etc.
this is not a "paid" traffic program, only a submission service to get your domains listed in the search engines which everyone tries to do, parking page or not. the point i was addressing to sedo is why, in the course of sedo's submission program for domains listed on their site. do they automatically include the words "this website is for sale!" which is not true in many instances and actually may cause a search engine to reject the domain, and why the keywords selected for optimization by the customer are only listed in the "title" sedo submits, not in the keywords selection. sedo's job is to help market my domains and everyone else's who uses their services and
my question to them involves changes that would enhance the domain. i do not expect to be on the top postion with every domain,:-D although that would be great. i look forward to their response and appreciate your comments.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Mark and Namestrands,

I'm sorry for not responding earlier. The keyword for our parking optimization isn't related to the meta keywords. The keyword you can update from our parking optimization page or the domain management section of your account allows you to update and optimize the ads that appear on your parking page.

The meta keywords are by default "The first internet search engine for domain offers, which are for sale. We have over 1.500.000 domains in our database. If you have domains/URLs to offer, place your free ad here!" for all parked domains. We do, of course, accept traffic that comes as a result of a search engine query. Its very targeted.

Like Namestrands was saying its in the interest of Search engines to return content sites at the top of their results after query. For this reason meta tags don't count for as much as they once did.

Jay
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom