Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question on Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand the term "uniques."

I see threads on the forum where people are looking for domains with a minimum number of uniques.

I have domains parked on Parked.com and on Fabulous.com.

Fabulous uses the term "uniques" but Parked does not seem to use it.

I notice on Fabulous that a domain name may get 203 Impressions with 0 uniques on a day or 10 impressions with 2 uniques or even 7 impressions with 6 uniques in one day.

Can someone please explain what this means?

And, as I notice that Parked uses "Visitors" instead of "Impressions" and "Uniques." Is there a way to tell how many of those are "uniques?"

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Best,

Victoria

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When tracking the amount of traffic on a website or parked domain, it refers to a person who visits it more than once within a specified period of time. Algorithm that tracks and counts site/domain traffic can distinguish between visitors who only visit the site once and unique visitors who return to the site.

Different from a site's hits or page views which are measured by the number of files that are requested from a site unique visitors are measured according to their unique IP addresses, and unique visitors are counted only once no matter how many times they visit the site.

There are some ISPs that use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, such as AOL and cable modem providers, which use different IPs for every file requested, making one visitor look like many. In this case, a single IP address does not indicate a unique visitor.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uniques are the visitors

impressions are when viewers to a page "hover over" images on that page

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
uniques are the visitors

impressions are when viewers to a page "hover over" images on that page

So are you saying the impression only counts providing there is a mouse hover over? I was not aware of that.

Today I will test it by going to one of my very low traffic sites and not mousing over any images and see if my IP gets recorded in the awstats.

Have you tested it yourself? How do you know about that?

toria

Lifetime Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you EG.Domains, DNP and biggedon or your explanations. I think I've almost figured it out...but another question or two arises.

When I see that a site had 200+ impressions and 0 uniques on a day, does that mean whoever visited and created the 200+ impressions (be it one person or many), that they had previously visited that site on a different day and are therefore not considered as uniques?

I have not yet parked with DomainSponsor, but they were recommended to me by someone on the forum. I may move some names that haven't performed as well on Fabulous or Parked over to DomainSponsor to try. Do any of you know how they measure uniques? (What do they call them?)

Thanks everyone for being so helpful!

Best,

Victoria

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here are stat categories from Domainsponsor

Domain / Visitors/ U.S. Visitors / Searches / Clicks/ Clicks Per Visit/ RPC/ RPM Pop-Under Revenue / Search Revenue / Total Revenue

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
every stat counter or ppc service may not count visitors the same way
the explanation I gave was for Fabulous.

They are the only ppc that I use which still counts impressions

Here are stat categories from Domainsponsor

Domain / Visitors/ U.S. Visitors / Searches / Clicks/ Clicks Per Visit/ RPC/ RPM Pop-Under Revenue / Search Revenue / Total Revenue

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
every stat counter or ppc service may not count visitors the same way the explanation I gave was for Fabulous.

Thanks for the explanation Don. Later on I remembered some places such as Fab in fact do use images to count real visitors and also in-effect eliminate bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom