Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Question on professional domain name appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsonicx

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the best place to get the best domain name appraisal by REAL professionals?

Domain Days 2024

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yea, trust moniker, they really know what they do very well

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking of doing it too get professional appraisals for 3 - 4 of my names. I was thinking of going with SEDO or Godaddy but now I going to check out MONIKER!

Thanks GUYS!!!

t10host.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have tried the appraisal of godaddy. It is nice.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used sedo.com and like their appraisals. I have mainly used their premium appraisals which cost US$49.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right here on DNForum is the most accurate., you just have to know who to listen to.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Don't do appraisals. It's like asking your mother if you are ugly. I will guarantee you that no appraisal service would offer to pay you 10 percent of their appraisal price, so that means it is a useless service.

Most domain names do not have a lot of value these days, as most people are trying to get as far away as possible from the good names. People tend to try to re-invent the language daily with their names.

Stick to names that actually make sense and make it easy for prospective buyers to contact you. If your names are good then you will get inquiries by email.

One of the most useless things in the domain industry is an appraisal for a low-end name. If you have a great name then it would be a good idea to ask a group of experienced domainers what they thought.

Good luck with your names, but remember that 99 percent of the people who pay for appraisals are amateurs who have bad names. Don't be a sucker. Get some great names and you won't need to worry about anyone's appraisal.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so true "whodat"

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right here on DNForum is the most accurate., you just have to know who to listen to.

I think paid appraisals are silly and unnecesary. Just post it here and get many pros and cons of the name then gage a price value yourself. As a seller an appraisal means squat to me. If I feel a name can fetch $5000 then time is the only thing against me then I will wait for that offer understanding market conditions and trends.

As a buyer. If I want a name to develop or because of targeted traffic, then I will make offers on it higher or lower then an appraisal amount.

Its all subjective. In this business, one man's trash is another man's treasure an that is rule 1. I have baught so many names here from people here from for $35 and fliped it for 10-20x that amount. I didn't need an appraisal to tell me what to sell at nor did a buyer need an appraisal to tell them what to buy at. But to each his own.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are there often instances in which a potential buyer would say "price too high"; but would change their mind and make the purchase if presented with an appraisal or two from sources that they found to be legitimate?

everydayprofit

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
biggedon said:
so true "whodat"

ditto.

Nor need for appraisals....your domain is simply worth what someone is willing to pay for it. ;) Could be $5 to one person..and another wants it bad anough to pay $5,000.

//everydayprofit

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had some domains appraised by godaddy and they seemed inflated.

I agree with those that say use DNForum for the best appraisals. If you post and do not get any response take that as a strong hint. If you do get responses, they are usually from people have a pretty good idea of their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom