Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question on search results

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyria

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Coming from an SEO background, I've thought that when looking at keywords one would look at searches (like the Google Keyword Tracker, etc) to gauge how many folks are looking for those. However I've seen in auction threads people posting serps results in google, which means competition, and without quotes.

I'm a bit confused (as a domainer newbie), what is the importance of showing competition instead of keyword searches for how valuable a domain is?
I really want to learn and I hope my question makes sense here :)

kyria

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Coming from an SEO background, I've thought that when looking at keywords one would look at searches (like the Google Keyword Tracker, etc) to gauge how many folks are looking for those. However I've seen in auction threads people posting serps results in google, which means competition, and without quotes.

I'm a bit confused (as a domainer newbie), what is the importance of showing competition instead of keyword searches for how valuable a domain is?
I really want to learn and I hope my question makes sense here :)

kyria

most people who add those results to their sales threads really don't know what those results mean either.

they just add them in there in hopes of drawing attention to their thread.

so many hunters are looking at results from gkwt that now the results are obviously screwed, simply because of the many terms that are imputted by domainers trying to search for kw number results.

you'll find a lot of people are regging domains based on misread information.

kyria

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much what I thought. Sad reallly and I always have the urge to go in the thread and correct them, but I refrain :)

Thanks for the reply!
kyria

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom