Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Question: Overture relation to traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I was wondering what the relation between Overture ".com" results were with traffic. For example, lets say "WidgetWadget.com" gets 112 results on Overture, will that mean that widgetwadget.com automatically gets some degree of traffic?

Thanks

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No.

Overture simply shows / gives a rough estmate of the number of searchd for a word/phrase.

widgetwadget.com with the extension.. simply means 112 idiots OR webmasters checking on their website typed in widgetwadget.com 112 into overtures search engine plus... be Very very careful unless then number is very high ..

a lower number CAN indicate a few natural typ-ins ..but that little bit of traffic is easy enough to come by anyways with very litle seo skills.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bidawinner: Thats if the name is registered, I'm referring to names that aren't taken yet. :D
So, lets say widgetwadget.com isn't regged, and gets 112 'widgetwadget.com' overture results. Would it be possible to assume then that it gets at least some amount of traffic? Any magic formula on predicting traffic (based off Overture results)?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by insomnia
Bidawinner: Thats if the name is registered, I'm referring to names that aren't taken yet. :D
So, lets say widgetwadget.com isn't regged, and gets 112 'widgetwadget.com' overture results. Would it be possible to assume then that it gets at least some amount of traffic? Any magic formula on predicting traffic (based off Overture results)?

In that case ..sure it could be.. first check http://www.archive.org and see if it was ever registered before/ or had a website up.

and another thing to consider is if maybe for what ever reason the domains was mentioned in the news ..so do a google news seach .. http://news.google.com/

Also make sure and check withOUT the .com extension.. is it relational? 100,000 without.. 1112 with.. thats reasonalble and probably fairly accurate.

4,000 without and 112 with .com is not reasonable ..
If the word IS a product or service then yep probably can convert even really low traffic into an occasional sale, if it's a word or phrase "general" in nature then it will take considerably more traffic to generate any revenues ...

Bottom line is just do a little backround and use some common sense...

personally I dont see much value in names with just a few type-ins ..unless of course you have hundreds of these that with combined traffic you are then able to generate some revs..

good luck..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind insomnia..this is just my view..we both know there are others that think that these low level type-in or potential type-in names have considerable value.. so ..yeah you can reg it and probably turn a quick sale for a few bucks.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm been reviewing some names regarding a new line of shoes thats going to be branded by some rappers. Suppose to come out early 2004, and terms such as "...shoes", "...sneakers" are turning out some good results in the 10,000 - 11,000's for October. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom