Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Question regarding Name Servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the logest period of time they have experienced for changed name servers to resolve? Last Sunday I changed the name servers on a domain to ns1.sedoparking.com and ns2.sedoparking.com and at whois.sc it showed the nameservers updated by Monday evening. However when I enter the domain in the browser it is defaulting back to the original nameservers and original content. What can I do? The domain is at godaddy.

Domain Days 2024

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends. Sometimes it's your ISP or your computer. It's not your registrar, but all the other places that don't double check to see the nameservers change. That's why sometimes you can change a nameserver and notice the change in less than an hour, and other times it is days.

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's almost a week, I've never heard of nameservers taking that long to update. It may be your computer, it's unlikely but just in case open this file (hosts) in notepad:

Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows XP Home c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Check to see if your domain is there, if so remove the line your domain is on. If your domain isn't there, it must be that your ISP hasn't updated their nameservers yet, you'll have to wait until they do.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clear your cache on your browser...

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I change my nameservers on GoDaddy the change is instantaneous while on my isp though my friend ususally doesn't see the changes for a few hours.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, well this is 6 days.
even slow ISP do not take more than 3 days.
it is obvious the problem is in the users browser.
post the name here so we can check it for you.
anyhow, since whois.sc sees the IP change, we all probably can see the 'new' site as well.

friday

Half way there :)
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your quick responses, it is a credit to you all.

I cleared the cache and it worked for that domain.

It didn't work for a different domain that I changed the nameservers on Wednesday. However, the correct site shows through 3proxy.com as per a member's suggestion. So I presume this means that the ISP is slow to update in this instance.

Thanks again everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom