Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

I sold my First Domain on Ebay and I am about to transfer it, I had no idea that I needed a signed agreement to transfer a domain, how do you go about doing this when both parties are supposed to sign the same document and they are in different states?

Domain summit 2024

Originally posted by Pyro
I sold my First Domain on Ebay and I am about to transfer it, I had no idea that I needed a signed agreement to transfer a domain, how do you go about doing this when both parties are supposed to sign the same document and they are in different states?

Who is your Registar for that domain?

This is GoDaddy detailed instructions.
Once you enter the new owner data from GoDaddy site..
then you'll print out that page (as outlined below)
and tis to be notorized and also signed by the new
owner.. then sent to GoDaddy.
Then, they will complete the transfer.

Any domain name you have registered with Go Daddy can be sold and transferred to any party you wish. You must complete the following process so Go Daddy can have that domain name transferred to the new owner.

Go to www.GoDaddy.com

Click on MANAGE NAMES

Login using your domain name username and password

Once logged in make sure to select the correct domain name to transfer

Click on TRANSFER OWNERSHIP in the list on the left

On the next page enter the new username and password selected by the new owner (they can change the username and password once the transfer is completed)

Enter the new owner's Registrant Information

Click on the link to print a copy of the TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP AGREEMENT (you must print this agreement and Go Daddy must receive it before we can begin the transfer process)

CONFIRM the transfer information on this next page. Please correct any mistakes here before continuing.

Complete the checkout process. You have not completed the Transfer of Ownership process until you have paid the fee.

You must have the TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP agreement Notarized, signed by the current registrant, include a copy of a photo id and mail that to us at the address listed below. The current registrant of the domain name being transferred must complete this paperwork, sign it and send in their photo id.

Go Daddy Software
Domain Services
14455 North Hayden Road
Suite 219
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Once we receive the Transfer of Ownership Agreement then the actual transfer will take about 2 days when we receive the agreement. Go Daddy will remain as the current registrar of the domain name for the new owner.

I know all of that, My question is how do you go about doing it when both people are supposed to sign the form and have it notorized if you live in 2 different states

You change registrars :D

Seriously, I only sold 1 domain while on GoDaddy and that was the last one. Plus back then they were charging $49.95 for a change of ownership.

Paperless changes or ownership is the answer: Stargate.com

Originally posted by Pyro
I know all of that, My question is how do you go about doing it when both people are supposed to sign the form and have it notorized if you live in 2 different states

appears to me, you'll print it from your end. (you'll be the one with the original)
I SUGGEST YOU PRINT TWO COPIES
Anyway, you'll sign & notorize & submit whatever identification they are requesting..
you'll have to MAIL it to the new owner,
he'll sign, notorize, include his id documents..
and he'll have to mail back to GO-DADDY

thati's how i read this procedure..??

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange
Paperless changes or ownership is the answer: Stargate.com

Exactly! Get basic contact information, a user name, and password from the buyer and push the domain name into their account. Can't get much easier than that.

Good luck,
Chris

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Better get an account at registerfly.com in the future - there you can change ownership and transfer the name within seconds to another registerfly.com account.Very helpful for quick sales.

Originally posted by beatz
Better get an account at registerfly.com in the future - there you can change ownership and transfer the name within seconds to another registerfly.com account.Very helpful for quick sales.

Valid & Worthy input. If RegisterFly makes such changes so easy & seamless... that's the way to go! 4sure! Goodluck! Congrat's on your sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators