Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Questions about being a domain/hosting reseller for GoDaddy etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edokid

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sorry I know this has probably been discussed to death but most the posts I find on it are either older like from 2009, or from people that are already in this industry and sound technical.

I own my own business and we are a business partner for 2 of Canada's largest telecom providers. We aren't a reseller, but a partner in that we sell products and services to customers on behalf of the 2 telecom providers and are paid a commission to do so. We use their pricing and don't make our own etc.

We offer hosting and DNS registration through them but it doesn't really pay well. I came across GoDaddy's reseller program and just was looking into it. Some people talk about making lots of money with it each month but it seems like you would need a ton of customers to do that. We currently have around 800 customers that are ours but I'd assume that most customers would come from completely net new people.

I'm just wondering how profitable it actually is to run a reseller program like this for someone starting out. I'm not hoping to make thousands per month (or rather that would be NICE but I'm thinking more like the $100-500 range). Because hosting and what not is so inexpensive I'm just wondering how worth it this is. Like I figured we could tell customers we will make DNS changes and so on for them but I'm just wondering what the draw is vs them using GoDaddy themselves and what not. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators