Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Questions From a Beginner

seller888

Reaction score
I just purchased a handful of domain names and I am getting ready to sell them, but I am not sure what I should do first. As of now, the domain names are just sitting there without hosting or parking.

Should I host them with relevant content (i.e., add a blog w/dummy text, logo, etc.) or have them parked? My goal is to sell them with the highest profit potential, so let me know what is best in this situation.

Also, how do I get an accurate price for the domains? For example, according to Godaddy''s domain estimator, one of my domains is worth $983, but none of the other sites registered a similar value.

Furthermore, which is the best platform for beginners? Sedo, Flippa, or Godaddy? Auction or Best Offer?

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
If you don't park them people won't be able to get in touch with you. There are places, like my own dnmanager.com, where you can park them, you don't need hosting, and you provide a method for people to contact you. Also other places like perfectdomain or sedo.
With regards to prices you can never get an 'accurate' price because there are no rules for a domain value. Just don't ever pay for an appraisal as you are throwing money away. You can post on the appraisals board here and let people give you opinions. All automated appraisals are notorious for giving you unrealistic figures either because they don't understand you can't quantify human behaviour or because they have other reasons to give you a high figure such as encouraging you to register more domains with them.
There is also no 'best' platform. If your domains aren't very good you will unlikely sell them or get any interest no matter where they're parked. Sedo however will enable you to park directly with them (thus answering your first question) and gets quite a lot of eyeballs. Avoid godaddy and flippa - they are the bargain basement non-serious avenue and will not command good prices in the event of a potential sale.

seller888

Reaction score
What can you do to promote your domains? I plan to list them on multiple sites, but is there anything else I can do to optimize this process?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the best thing you can do is.....

buy the best domains!

if your names are of good to high quality, then they will speak for themselves, and you won't have to do much talking.

on other hand

when you have domains that were just registered yesterday or part of the group of randomness and similarities that anybody can register themselves, then where is the appeal?

cuz, folks ain't just sitting around waiting to buy anything.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators