Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

quick escrow question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never used escrow when selling a domain (I'm a newbie). We've agreed on a price, and now the purchaser requested use of escrow.com.. Who pays the fee, me, him, or is it standard to split the fee?

Thanks!
Rob

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You decide - many people make it a condition of sale that the buyer pays the escrow fee. If he/she requested the use of escrow after the sale then I would expect them to pay the fee. However you might want to be prepared to go 50/50.

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sweet. thanks for the speedy reply! Sounds logical. I just didnt want to break "protocol" by asking him to pay escrow fee if it was standard to just split it.

Thanks again.
Rob

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when you use escrow it is usually determined as part of the sale ahead of time. If the purchaser requested escrow then the purchaser should pay for the escrow if he/she feels more secure with the purchase (especially if it is a high dollar amount)
You can agree to split the fees if you are very hospitable. I have sold domains for X,XXX and the buyer has paid the escrow fees because the buyer requested the use of escrow.
Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom