Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Quick Question - Webalizer Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I need to show webalizer stats to a prospective buyer of a domain. If I go into the file manager and change the permissions to 7-0-4 to make the webalizer folder accessible to the public could this open up any holes on my site or server for anyone visiting the stats to get other vital site / server information I may not want them to have?

I want to just change the permissions rather than take screenshots of all the stats. I just need to know if there's any risks with doing that, thanks in advance for your answers.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
I need to show webalizer stats to a prospective buyer of a domain. If I go into the file manager and change the permissions to 7-0-4 to make the webalizer folder accessible to the public could this open up any holes on my site or server for anyone visiting the stats to get other vital site / server information I may not want them to have?

I want to just change the permissions rather than take screenshots of all the stats. I just need to know if there's any risks with doing that, thanks in advance for your answers.

there isn't any that i'm aware of.. but you can avoid this, simply save the stats folder to your hard driver and then upload it to where ever you want if you are that hesitant.

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try following if you are running cPanel

1. chmod 755 the directory containing webalizer stats

2. chmod 644 the files in that directory

3. In a publicly accessible web directory, create a symbolic link to the webalizer stats directory.

:)

chording

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may password-protect the webstats folder, and give the password to the potential buyer. Change the password when you decide to discontinue the webstats access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom