Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Quit spamming me with ads and fix your bugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this comes off as a bit of a rant. I've been with eNom for years, mostly because I like their system and the professional feel of their reseller tools. But now, I login and right away I get some big banner ad for a car giveaway they are doing. Meanwhile, every other operation results in an error or bug, like:

An Error Has Occurred

An error has occurred while processing the page you requested.

Please try again or, if the error persists, please create a support request in the Support Center.

I get that when I try to manage a domain I typed into the box. Or today a domain name was listed with just a single name server even after I updated it. Seems OK in the WHOIS but not exactly confidence inspiring.

Other times I'm getting time outs for operations.

eNom: Fire your marketers! Hire back some programmers!

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I haven't seen that, and still don't see it, (neither adverts or bugs)... :?:
Where is that supposed to be, or is it only for US users? :lol:

I get the ad right after I login to my account.

If you're not seeing any bugs, I'm wondering if it might be related to my use of Firefox. What browser are you using?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you may have browser bug, keylogger and or getting pop-up's

i never got any banner ads or promo's when logging in.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get the ad right after I login to my account.

If you're not seeing any bugs, I'm wondering if it might be related to my use of Firefox. What browser are you using?

I use Firefox... No ad, and neither are Firefox saying it's been blocking a popup, so I don't know where you get your advert from.

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm login' in ok via Vista and IE. Every once in a while, I'll get an enom timeout, but that's about it. Enom = good.

CCD

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you may have browser bug, keylogger and or getting pop-up's

i never got any banner ads or promo's when logging in.

It's not a pop-up, it's an inline square banner promoting a contest they have going on, something reseller related. I really didn't look too hard at it.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A lot of service providers are going to put ads somewhere. That's something
to expect.

Although one can complain about it, they'll likely not do away with it if only an
"insignificant, negligible statistic" comprise that.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.enom.com/images/banners/minipromojpg.jpg

Plus text:

Win a new MINI Cooper or $25,000 cash in our "Drive Your Sales With Hosted Exchange" Promotion

For every Hosted Exchange mailbox ETP's sell now through September 15, they'll get one entry for our grand prize drawing. We'll also draw to give away a $2,000 Hawaiian Vacation every month starting in May ... 5 in all!

The more Hosted Exchange mailboxes each ETP sells, the more entries they'll get and the better the chance they have to win. Complete promotion rules here.

Don't miss our reseller discounts and promotions! – Did you know all promotions aren't posted on our website? Many are announced in email bulletins and in The eNom Register newsletter emailed to your registered address. Update your account now with your main email address and add "[email protected]" to your safe senders list to get all news and notices.

I really wouldn't mind so much the move to make eNom more like Godaddy if they had their technical, er, stuff, together.

BigBoss

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@ sevent

I have a ETP account and get this ads too. Enom system have little bugs (e.g. some NS or contact updates doesn´t work or after login there switch to a non-SSL secured page). At the moment I´m moving all my domains to moniker.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I noticed these delayed WHOIS/DNS updates with ORG names. I see no ads on my reseller account. Are you referring to the Google ad incorporated above the WHOIS lookup tool?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am going to complain to enom
"Why am I not shown adverts for Win a new MINI Cooper or $25,000 cash "
It is not fair, I want my share

Daniel Domainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sevent, "SPAM" is defined as a commercial email from someone you did not give permission to do so. As you are describing a graphic and text that appears on a web page which can only be seen after you log in as an ETP reseller (sorry, I Sold Grandma, it's only displayed on the domain management screen for resellers, not on eNomCentral) I'm afraid that's not SPAM.

Our reseller communications are centered around giving them support and information so they can better sell domains and web services at retail. (As eNom's Internet Marketing Manager, I write our monthly eletter The eNom Register with lots of juicy info and tips!) And we have many resellers with large customer bases who sell hundreds and thousands of domains and web services every month.

eNom's "Drive Your Sales With Hosted Exchange" promotion is perhaps the largest promotion ever offered in the history of domain reselling. Five Hawaiian vacations (valued at $2,000.00 each) plus a grand prize of either a new Mini Cooper S or $25,000.00 in cash will be given away in a drawing. Every Hosted Exchange mailbox sold gets the ETP reseller one entry into the drawing. It's a big deal and a big prize and we want ALL our resellers to know about it.

We know there are some who have eNom reseller accounts or subaccounts but who do not actually operate as true resellers. They paid for a reseller account either to have the tools to better manage their domain names, or so they can get better than retail pricing for the domain names they purchase for their own portfolio. And that's fine, they are all our valued customers and we want them to be happy too. So perhaps they have less of an interest in promotions targeted those actively engaged in the reseller business.

As for more programmers and developers? eNom and Demand Media have already added dozens this year as well as many more customer support personnel. We're also continuously updating and expanding our servers and network.

You might know eNom recently topped the 9 million mark of domain names on our platform. I'm sure even someone who's not a techie can appreciate the tremendous infrastructure that takes to manage. Heck, it sometimes happens when I buy books on Amazon.com too.

We strive to give everyone excellent customer service with the shortest response time possible to all submitted issues. Can you occasionally get an error message? Sure! And we sincerely apologize for any hardship or frustration. But rest assured that we hear your feedback. We read every email. And (sorry if this sounds like marketing-speak, but it's true) our goal is to make ALL our resellers happy ALL of the time.

OK, back to work for me...we're rolling out a new promotion offering $21.99 .TV domains for qualifying ETP resellers. Careful...it might show up on that new promotion page...but definitely in your email box! :D

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sevent, "SPAM" is defined as a commercial email from someone you did not give permission to do so. As you are describing a graphic and text that appears on a web page which can only be seen after you log in as an ETP reseller (sorry, I Sold Grandma, it's only displayed on the domain management screen for resellers, not on eNomCentral) I'm afraid that's not SPAM.

Oy vey. Spam of course has a meaning that's moved well beyond email, as DD must certainly know.

Bottom line: I don't want the Big Giveaway Promotions, I want systems which work without bugs.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oy vey. Spam of course has a meaning that's moved well beyond email, as DD must certainly know.

Various people have various expectations. No one is forcing you to use them
if they don't meet yours.

And spam has been somewhat defined in the US. If you want its definition to
include what you expect, then talk to your congressman.

However, you'll be competing against others who want their expectations to
be met as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom