Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Rank #1 in MSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow... Today i just found out my website *****.com rank number #1 in MSN. The result shows 9Millions++. Below mine is thehotweb, hotscript, bravenet and so on. But the keyword is: hot web tools :dead: How i hope it is : webmaster tools where im still placed #32 :emba:

Mod edit: no advertising in this section of the forum!

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
msn is easy to rank #1 on any keyword.

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes,they are quite easy.I have 3 sites that are listed #1 for there main keyword in msn.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL ... it will be useless then
Google seems to hate that site:), no indexing even after visiting my site

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to be ranked #1 for the keyword hoes but now I appear on the second page.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes

LazyD

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
aboutwhat.org said:
Do you get alot of traffic from MSN?
quite a bit,usually more then google some months.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomainMaster said:
msn is easy to rank #1 on any keyword.

are you joking? get me ranked no 1 for "web hosting" and "hosting" and i will pay you $1000.

Its easy for certain keywords. Some its just impossible, i rank on no 3 after apending alot of money for my lose weigt and health and fitness sites, it depends how popular that keyword really is.

Besides, which serious web user actually uses msn? most are on yahoo and google. a friend had his site ranked no 1 on msn on a VERY hot keyword, he only got 2000 uniques per day, thats after spending tones on SEO. At the same time if he spent that money or maybe 1.5 x that on getting listed like on no 5 on google, he would be getting more like 50,000 uniques per day.

The fact is if you get listed High in google you get a hell of alot of traffic. Msn . yahoo wont give you much for the NON COMON keywords. Though still deliver for keywords like web hosting and web designing etc.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MSN is better then nothing but if your gonna work to get listed in a search engine shoot for top positions on Google or Yahoo, depending on the keywords.

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm #1 on msn and yahoo, but not GOOGLE. Search term is pretty specific, name of a group so mostly fan sites come up.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My opinion on best consumer traffic:
1) Yahoo
2) Google
3) MSN?

Within the next 12 months MSN's got to be #1 or at least #2 though.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have a website that got rank #7 for the keyword 'web hosting comparison' but then after i try to optimize it for 'host compare' which has a bigger traffic, it sink! not even appear on MSN anymore ...LOL, :dead:

M

mole

I was just thinking about this SEO thing... if someone were to cross link a portfolio of sites to try to increase page rank, won't Google be able to check the whois (now that they are a domain registrar) and see that they all belong to the same person .. and penalize that group of sites accordingly?

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mole said:
I was just thinking about this SEO thing... if someone were to cross link a portfolio of sites to try to increase page rank, won't Google be able to check the whois (now that they are a domain registrar) and see that they all belong to the same person .. and penalize that group of sites accordingly?

I dont think it will be that serious. Cross linking is just an option to increase traffic and to reduce advertising expenses. For example: ebay cross link its website with paypal as a parent company, then paypal cross link itself on ebay as an auction payment processor. If it could be panalized, then both of them wont appear in serp.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
They wouldn't need to be a registrar to do that.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
slavahosting said:
MSN is better then nothing but if your gonna work to get listed in a search engine shoot for top positions on Google or Yahoo, depending on the keywords.

I know that bidding on Google and yahoo is the first priority, but my site is just 1.5 months old. Cant expect too much from it :blush: I have tried my best to optimize every single page for mahor search engine. Hopefully it can rank well for the comming months
I just cant wait for that moment to come :cheeky:

LazyD said:
Yes,they are quite easy.I have 3 sites that are listed #1 for there main keyword in msn.

It is not as easy as you probably think! It depends on what keywords are you bidding. If you are bidding on keywords that brings a result of 100Million +, it wont be that easy.

BTW... does anyone knows that ranking high in hot keywords on MSN can also rank well on Yahoo and Google ?
I got a website that appear on the first page on MSN for the top keywords in the industry.. Hopefully it happens on Google and yahoo. That will be wow.. :santa:

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
are you joking? get me ranked no 1 for "web hosting" and "hosting" and i will pay you $1000.

Its easy for certain keywords. Some its just impossible, i rank on no 3 after apending alot of money for my lose weigt and health and fitness sites, it depends how popular that keyword really is.

Besides, which serious web user actually uses msn? most are on yahoo and google. a friend had his site ranked no 1 on msn on a VERY hot keyword, he only got 2000 uniques per day, thats after spending tones on SEO. At the same time if he spent that money or maybe 1.5 x that on getting listed like on no 5 on google, he would be getting more like 50,000 uniques per day.

The fact is if you get listed High in google you get a hell of alot of traffic. Msn . yahoo wont give you much for the NON COMON keywords. Though still deliver for keywords like web hosting and web designing etc.

It doesn't matter how popular the keyword in msn. It's pretty simple if you know any seo to get the #1 listings for a keyword. My sites which I recently sold were ranked #1 for 'online poker' and #2 for 'poker'.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey did you optimize for poker and online poker or did they just end up number one at msn?
Can you give me some tips as I am building "holdemroom.com" and "nolimitholdem.us" and "holdemtournaments.com".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom