Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preciousmetals

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So CLEARLY sedo is run by a bunch of 9-5 employees that know nothing about domaining... Most of you don't believe this but it's 100% true.. Sedo's company policy is that SEDO employees cannot own domain names due to conflict of interest unless it's a personal domain like FirstLast.me

So basically, I have a domain name that's well over 5k and a nice chunk of money was paid for the domain in the x,xxx figures... So I was like ehhh ima throw it in sedo's great auctions with my reserve of what I paid for it since I'm not gonna bury myself and the domain is worth more.

So Sedo sends me an email from one of their 9-5 employees that clearly are limited in domaining knowledge and says

They accept my domain name, But that the reserve price is worth "0.00" !!! lol

Clearly any domainer with a head on their shoulders knows that this domain is not worth anything under 2k...

Moral of story... SEDO has NEVER done anything good for me as as a customer.. Never accepted decent domains where I could afford to put a reserve at 0 in their auctions.. Parking payouts are probably some of the worst in the industry.. and Sedo is really losing the focus on satisfying ALLLLLLL customers not just their million dollar customers.

Well Voodoo Just received 100 domains from me for parking and first few days already hitting WAYYYY more than I had ever made at SEDO in months of having domains parked.

Us domainers really need to stomp our feet on the ground and stop letting these Domain auction companies try and make us look like fools.. Remind me of the show pawn stars that low balls every one of their customers.. If all domainer's would simply stand their grounds for 1 year with all domains in hand... The value of our domains would sky rocket like you have never seen before... Kind of like drugs, When it's not easily available the price is off the hook and the product falls off the shelf without having to stock it.

Last edited:

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to contact a broker to list the domain (jay.finnan(at)sedo.com). Don't do it through the site because they'll reject it or tell you to lower the reserve. I have a feeling they use automated replies when auction submission is made.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You need to contact a broker to list the domain (jay.finnan(at)sedo.com). Don't do it through the site because they'll reject it or tell you to lower the reserve. I have a feeling they use automated replies when auction submission is made.

I agree, their automated processes really do suck big time. Nice to talk to a human now and then.

Preciousmetals

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting maybe ill throw the broker an email.. I have the domain at flippa which is already in the x,xxx.. So if it dosent sell there I'll either monetize it and pre-register it for another 10 years lol or try and contact a broker directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom