Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Re. 3 "lost" names by NamesDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was hoping you could help me out.

Among the many names I've had Snapped in the last few years, about 10 or so were automatically registered through NamesDirect.

Just a few days ago, I went into my domain management section and found that 3 of them had disappeared. I went to NamesDirect's Whois and entered each of the three.

One of them shows me as the owner, but the other 2 don't show anyone as the owner; yet they show NamesDirect as the registrar. But the bottom line is, none of the three show up in my management section as belonging to me.

I've emailed them several times asking them to account for the 3 missing names (I have receipts and emails from SnapNames showing that they were registered through NamesDirect). I've left several telephone messages too. Out of all of this, no response from them whatsoever.

Does anyone have any ideas on what my next step should be?

Please list them here.

Thanks.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You know, the weird thing is, I am trying to renew these names (still plenty of time left), but they're not giving me the opportunity to do so.

I heard that NamesDirect was bought by Dotster, so I also contacted them.

So far, nothing from them either.

M

mole

What names are these? We can help track them for you to see if any fraud practises have occured.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They were regular full-price snaps directly through SnapNames.

So far, no one from either NamesDirect or Dotster has contacted me. I've PM'ed a member of this forum who works for SnapNames to see if he (she?) can help me out, since NamesDirect is a partner of SnapNames.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, not even SnapNames can help. Seems that Dotster/NamesDirect don't return their calls or emails either.

Wow. They've so rigged the game that now they won't even allow you to renew your own names!!!!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domainicanicanica
Well, not even SnapNames can help. Seems that Dotster/NamesDirect don't return their calls or emails either.

Wow. They've so rigged the game that now they won't even allow you to renew your own names!!!!

try to transfer away then?

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Certified letter time!
immediately write a certified letter or have your (or any) attorney write it for you. Explain how this is costing you money and personally I would also file a complaint with the AG in their state as well as the BBB and any other agency possible.
Of course only do this if you feel you have left ample messages and given them a reasonable amount of time to respond (5-7 days) unless the names are expiring within that time.

Good luck and keep us updated.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll start using each and everyone of them.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe This domains simply are not viewabel in Your account? I belive in dotster You can hide Your domain? It happened me once, but I don`t remember How I got it viewable again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom