Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Re: Afternic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

To sell domain names via Afternic is it a requirement that I park my domain names with them?

Just that I have uploaded my domains with them... and they are asking me to change my DNS
server information to point to them... which I am not going to do as I have them parked with
ParkLogic.

Any help most appreciated.

Regards
Jeff

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, domains don't have to be parked at Afternic to be sold there.

When I register or buy a domain, I often temporarily change the nameservers to Sedoparking so I can list the domain at Sedo ... fortunately, that's not necessary with Afternic.

Good luck with your sales there.

christinaforker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi JeffreyL,

Randomo is correct, to sell names on Afternic it is not a requirement to park them. However, parking your names with Afternic will place a 'for sale' banner at the top of the domains, dramatically increasing the rate at which they sell. We have seen results as positive as a 300% lift in sales velocity of names in a portfolio when the 'for sale' banner is added via our parking template. With that said I strongly encourage you to consider parking your names with Afternic when you list them.

Regards,

Christina Forker
Customer Service Manager, Afternic
1-866-351-9586 (Toll Free) +1 781-839-7990 (Worldwide)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can list your domain with as many marketplaces as you wish. The domain doesn't have to be parked anywhere. You can still use it normally.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Christina,

I uploaded my domains yesterday... but without categories. Can I redo spreadsheet and include
categories and upload again and have them overwrite currect details. That is... looking for easy
way to include categories.

christinaforker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Jeffrey – To update your categories in bulk the best thing to do would be to download your portfolio and make changes via the bulk upload tool. To do this, log into your account, click “my domains”, then click the link at the bottom of the page to download your portfolio. If you list a top level category, you also need to select a second level category. Once you have selected the appropriate category for each domain, re-save the file as a .CSV and re-upload the list to Afternic. From the “add domains” screen you will want to click “file upload” where you can select the file with the changes you made and upload them to your account.

Note that if you need to see our category listings, go to the 'file upload' page and download our bulk upload template. The category listings are included on one of the sheets in this file.

Best Regards,

Christina Forker
Customer Service Manager, Afternic
1-866-351-9586 (Toll Free) +1 781-839-7990 (Worldwide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom