Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Re: Making contact with potential domain buyer

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few domain names that I'm wanting to sell. I have done some research and found they are a good/excellent fit for half dozen companies. I know it's best to wait until they contact me if it's such a good fit :) but to date this has not happened. So wanting to let these companies know they are available for sale. Should I just email them, or are there any sneaky techniques for letter them know I have them?

Note: If making contact via email is the preferred approach. Does anyone have a "best practice" email templates I can use?

Big thanks in advance.

Regards
Jeff.

Domain summit 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, not just the email to the whois, research who within that company makes buying decisions.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great info...

...I did some research regarding your tip on finding the "decision maker" and found this, which is short and succinct: http://www.domaininvesting.com/quick-tips-to-find-a-decision-maker/

Also, see comment after this article. One chap suggests using a Chrom extension called "Rapportive for Gmail"... every heard of it?

Also, regards the email to send out. I found this one from Adam:
http://www.domainsherpa.com/sales-letter-template/

Did Adam have any other preferred "Make contact" emails?

Thanks for the feedback... appreciated.

p.s. Finding the Video very informative, thanks.

R:
Jeff

Well, not just the email to the whois, research who within that company makes buying decisions.

Last edited:

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have found the most important thing is to contact the right person, the decision maker in the company

Dont just contact the WHOIS address of a company and think you will always get a reply, there are ways (Google, LinkedIn, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance etc) you can find out who the top execs are and contact the right person (Business Development Manager for instance)

Once you have found out the companies email format (ie FirstName.LastName@domain.com) then its easy to work out their email address

I have emailed a company (whois address) and got no reply and emailed the right person 3 weeks later and made a sale so it makes a big difference

Hope that helps...

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent advice... like the tip for constructing company eMail, makes total sense. I remember that's how a company I worked for about 10 years ago did it.

Big thanks.

Jeff

I have found the most important thing is to contact the right person, the decision maker in the company

Dont just contact the WHOIS address of a company and think you will always get a reply, there are ways (Google, LinkedIn, Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance etc) you can find out who the top execs are and contact the right person (Business Development Manager for instance)

Once you have found out the companies email format (ie FirstName.LastName@domain.com) then its easy to work out their email address

I have emailed a company (whois address) and got no reply and emailed the right person 3 weeks later and made a sale so it makes a big difference

Hope that helps...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators