Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Re-Obtaining my Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay here is the Deal a few months ago I did some services for a guy and in exchange he purchased a .US domain for me at Enom. It was fine for a few months with a running website until Bam!! guy dissapears and all his websites go offline. Short story shorter, I start to take notice and backup all of my files that were with him, Bam once I find him again his servers dissapears (Thank goodness for backups) and ALL of his domains either forward to those Domain Pages that pay. Well now that my domain is being forwarded to crap pages Im deciding to take action. The domain is Videogamer.us and thankfully ALL of the information in the Who-is belongs to me, so I figure should be pretty easy to talk to enom and work something out. Like have them attempt to contact the guy, and if that doesnt work out then I can send in some sort of Identification and Id have me domain back in a few weeks. Well Enom seems to not give a crap, since Case was closed lol within a day or two with no answer.

Here is the situation in simple:
Domain is Mine Including Correct Who-Is information. Who-is information has never been changed and domain has never exchanged accounts to my knowledge. Im just trying to get posession of the domain back, from him since hes basically dissappeared from the net.

Thanks for any help.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the whois is all your information, put in for a transfer to another registrar.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How would I do that? Say I wanted to transfer to Registerfly.com how would I go about having them transfer an account there?

Thanks for the help.

Donna Mahony

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with registerfly but just open an account there and find the transfer button. If the whois is in your name they send you an email asking if you approve it,

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You might have trouble because eNom has registrar lock set on by default that prevents moving the domain to another registrar unless you unlock it first. So you may have to continue to deal with eNom anyway.

BTW, Registerfly is an eNom reseller.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"How would I do that? Say I wanted to transfer to Registerfly.com how would I go about having them transfer an account there?"

Try clicking on "Transfer domain", right on their front page.

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Screw registerfly since Ill have to add a year to the Reg. Say I wanted to do it using Enom how would that work? I tried seeing if transfer would work but thats not an option and Pushing might not work either.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try a transfer to ANYWHERE, see if it works. Even transfer to another Enom reseller you trust (or set yourself up as one). Outside of that, frankly, I think you're screwed. Enom will generally refer you to the reseller, as you are the RESELLER's customer.

~ Nexus

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well ive determined that Im going to haev to pay a renewal price anyway so Im in the process of getting one of my current registars to handle it, ill see how that goes.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Well ive determined that Im going to haev to pay a renewal price anyway [...]"

This reminds me of the member of a Scottish regiment who walks into a pharmacy with a used condom and asks the pharmacist how much it would cost to have the condom repaired or replaced. The pharmacist tells him that it would cost 5 cents to repair it and 15 cents to replace it. The Scotsman thanks him and leaves.

Two days later, the Scotsman returns and says, "The regiment has voted to have it repaired."

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You know, if the domain is worth fighting for, what does it matter if you pay for another year's registration for it?

Kind of silly asking us for advice and help when you don't even find it worth $9 (or less) reg fee.

-WC-

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WildCard
Kind of silly asking us for advice and help when you don't even find it worth $9 (or less) reg fee.

I think that was the point of jberryhill's 2nd post:laugh:

Darkfire001

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well Id already paid the 2-years .us reg and I wasnt sure if it was required to pay a renewal fee for every transferred domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom