Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rebound of the domain name market

What is the state of the Domains?

• Increasing

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Decreasing

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Moderate

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunker

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Currently it appears that the domain name market has hit a slight rebound with me. With over 800 domains, I receive about 3-5 offers to buy domains per month via email. Renewal time I get a few more solid offers. My perception at Lunker.com is that many are investing in domains because the Stock market is killing them.
Others are hedging there bets on future growth of the internet. My main recent activity has been Malaysia, Hong Kong and United Kingdom. Are they just catching up to the times with the US? I would like to here some recent information on the "State of the domain name Secondary market". Any reseller opinions out there?

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome Lunker. What is the origin of your nic? It's one of my sheepdogs' name lol.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome Lunker. I too have noticed a good level of enquiries about domain names, especially for good generics. Domain speculator scumbags (LOL) will always be tire-kicking with their lowball offers, but I've noticed genuine enquiries coming from those with a specific Internet website they want to launch.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would put it on a slight uptick, but still nothing like two years ago.

I agree that two years ago there was a lot of Domain-lotto feaver with people buying just to take a chance on the big one, and buying anything with less than 4 words no matter how awful. I think most of those people have left and the sellers now are more reputable and the buyers are buying to use more than speculate for resale.

play

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your are a Pro..

You have my vote; nice poll

Very few people see or have a investing view on domains vs stocks.

Malaysia has the tallest building on earth..

HongKong has a dynamism that shrinks most leading cities 24hr

I think what is happening is a correction on the market, but we still need many corrections to go before we arrive to a healty and
realistic domain economy!

The factors that will shape it ar still being built.

I wonder why it took you so long to get here!

P L A Y

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good thoughts,

Having lived in Hongkong in the past for more than 12 years I can assure you that these are the most astute people on earth, if you are starting to see activity from there you can bet that the market is on the up.

I have backed that judgement by picking up some of the new .cn names including one that a HK Chinese paid US $800,000 seven years ago to put on the number plate of his car!

There is mega money over there.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly getting more offers and sales. I sold more this year than in the last 3 combined.

think

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After a considerable slump, I am getting offers occasionally now days. Nice to see see your post Lunker!

btw Sharpy: Lunker = big fish

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same here, still one has to chase the deals and not expect them to land just because of the name :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom