Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Received an offer on a domain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain.BUZZ

Tim Culpepper
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I transferred some expiring domains from my Moniker account to my Godaddy account last week. The transfer is final, and all domains are now registered with Godaddy.

I received an offer on one of those domains this morning through the Godaddy auction platform. Do I need to wait 60 days before I can close a deal on this domain? Does the 60 day waiting period apply in this case? Any advice?

Thanks.

Last edited:

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No you don't, the 60 day rule is applicable only if you are trying to transfer the domain name out of GD. Just let GD know that you wish to push the domain name internally to another Godaddy account. If the buyer is intent on a transfer, call an account rep and they may be able to work with you.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They'll probably allow a transfer out if the buyer demands it only cuz they just made 10% on culpetm's sale but it's not 100% certain. I've had this same case and GD has refused to help me as good a customer as I am. They told me to make the buyer stay with GD. In earlier times the buyer was likely to keep the name at GD and save the tranfer fee, but w/all the bad press GD has suffered many of my buyers of names I have at GD want a transfer out after they buy

aclass

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the buyer wants the name then they can buy and wait the 60 days. This should not be a deal beaker if the buyer is serious

Domain.BUZZ

Tim Culpepper
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Quick update... You guys were right. The buyer was another Godaddy account holder, and Godaddy had no problem with the transfer. It went through no problem. Thanks!

Domain.BUZZ

Tim Culpepper
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I started doing this about a year ago... The learning curve is steep, but this forum has helped tremendously.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The learning curve is steep,

but, if you're willing to climb up that hill....you'll be cruising on your way down.

though many newbs just wanna know if there is a shortcut

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom