Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Received letter .... Need urgent advice !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from a large company wanting there domain back ... I have no problem transferring the domain back to them but it had expired from my portfolio; Since April / 2006 and I have no control over it !

Whois shows :

EPP Status: redemptionPeriod
Updated Date: May-2006
Creation Date: Apr-2005
Expiration Date: Apr-2006

How should I proceed with this ? Contact them and explain situation to them ?

They all so sent me documents to sign and return to dismiss there claim which I am willing to do so but I dont have control over the domain to return it back !

Help will be appreciated !

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
(not a lawer!) errr........sign nothing for a start. I would have thought that once it expires then it is no longer your problem.

In the current status you can renew by calling the Registra. See here: https://www.snapnames.com/deleteprocess.html

Maybe there is more to your question than I can understand as I see you are a professional domain dealer.

Creature.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send them a written letter explaining that you have not renewed the name it has in the delete process, and for sale to the general public within a few days. Make it clear that you no longer own it, and give them the registar's name and address if they want to contact the 'current 'owner'. Don't sign their forms, just send your letter.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
tell me the name, I `ll be happy to reg it, I like when these big companies want to cybersquatter little cybersquatters

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking he should keep it simple, or they may continue to harrass him out of ignorance.

Going into details about drop catching or traffic tasters is likely to be too confusing.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they really cared about their domain, they'd research enough to know when to contact you.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Going into details about drop catching or traffic tasters is likely to be too confusing.

Bingo.

The name is expired. You don't control it. End of story.

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
italiandragon said:
tell me the name, I `ll be happy to reg it, I like when these big companies want to cybersquatter little cybersquatters

Then you must be really bored.

DomainDealer

Professional Dealer
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Send them a written letter explaining that you have not renewed the name it has in the delete process, and for sale to the general public within a few days. Make it clear that you no longer own it, and give them the registar's name and address if they want to contact the 'current 'owner'. Don't sign their forms, just send your letter.

That's what I am going to do except, I will fax them a letter so I can keep a receipt !

thanks everyone ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom