Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

received on offer on Sedo on a "new" domain - What to do about the 60-day rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivoy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have received an offer on a domain that I'd registered 2-3 weeks ago. I wanted to start an auction, but being aware that the new owner will not be able to get the domain until the middle of Januray (the 60-day rule), I feel funny about it. What do I do in this situation?

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not 'push' the domain to their account. If they do not have an account at the registrar they can simply get an account. In my experience this is very common.

ivoy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not 'push' the domain to their account. If they do not have an account at the registrar they can simply get an account. In my experience this is very common.

I agree, but my concern is that there is no way of letting the person know that this is the only way to do it. The only possibility of relaying a message to a bidder is by counter-offering and including a note. I do not want to counter-offer, I want to accept the bid and initiate an auction.

In any case, I emailed Sedo and will post their resolution here whenever it comes.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue with a Sedo transaction. The buyer was notified by Sedo to create an account at the registrar to accept the push.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The domain must remain with the current registrar, due to ICANN rules. No need to notify Sedo, start the auction.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had the same issue with a Sedo transaction. The buyer was notified by Sedo to create an account at the registrar to accept the push.

Yes, start the auction, it is a non-issue. The buyer can take the domain there and transfer out at his/her convenience after 60 days. Don't worry about it, if the buyer wants the name he gets the name, we don't always get to choose the registrar only the domain name. Good luck with your sale.

Paul

ivoy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

great! Just wanted to make sure that his is a possibility. I did find a list of exceptions allowed by them (see below), but there is no mention of what they do in each event. Thanks for answering my question :)

"Permissible reasons for a transfer rejection
The releasing provider can only reject a transfer due to one of the following reasons which have been passed as permissible by ICANN:

Proof of an attempt to defraud
Ongoing UDRP case
Judicial ruling which forbids a transfer
Substantiated doubts as to the owner/Admin-C’s identity
Non-payment of the domain in question
Rejection by the domain owner (email, fax)
The domain has a registrar lock on it
The domain was registered less than 60 days previously
The domain was transferred less than 60 days previously"

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Ivoy,

Where did you register the domain? You can PM me this if you like.

As people have mentioned above, long as it is possible to "push" the domain to a new account at the same registrar (transfer internally), then we are fine to continue. We will have the buyer create an account at your registrar and then once the lock has expired he/she will be free to transfer it elsewhere if they wish.

Best,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom