Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Recommended SnapNames registrar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just bought my first ever Snap :eek:

Which registrar do you recommend using for snapnames? I have seen many good names go with NameScout, but I have never registered a name with them...
Please recommend a "preferred registrar" and elaborate why?

Thanks,

spietreser

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you have no way to control what registrar would register the name you snapped.
their registrars are not equal. All my last three snaps were registered with DomainPeople. To transfer domain ownership with domainpeople, they require original notarized paper signed by both buyer and seller... And they run a fine promotion right now - renew your domain just for $24.95 per year!

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi tonyk2000, do the 3 snaps share the same user account in DomainPeople? Is it possible just give the account username and password to the buyer?

M

mole

I wonder why Snaps is still selling snapbacks when they know the WLS is to be launched soon? :confused:

M

mole

Never mind. I guess snapnames promised they will convert all the existing snapbacks to WLS applications once WLS kicks in early next year.

tonyk2000

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At DomainPeople, there is no way to change registrant name. Notarized paper only... So I need to wait 60 days and transfer the names away...

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Never mind. I guess snapnames promised they will convert all the existing snapbacks to WLS applications once WLS kicks in early next year.

I was told (in person) by their VP three weeks ago, that Snap would "try" to convert the snap subscriptions to WLS. They originally asked that they have a first shot, but that was dropped from the agreement approved by ICANN.

Pokerface

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are SNAP-names?

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's WLS? :confused: Just kidding hehehe :laugh: WLS will never happen, anyway..

The registrar you can select in SnapNames doesn't make any difference anymore. A year or so back they would grab your name and then try to transfer to your preferred registrar, but they don't do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom