Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Record Sale for Dot US

Status
Not open for further replies.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BUENA VISTA, BURBANK,CALIFORNIA (AP),,,,, Disney Online Parent Company of DisneyProductions,issued a press release of their purchase of Movies.us. Jacob Overhall spokesperson for Disney Online stated "as the owner of the com extension for movies we sought to capture the US extension for movies ,it only makes senses for Disney productions.This allows Disney to grow their brand in a huge new market".When asked the purchased price for Movies.us ,Overhall was quoted as saying "it's north of half a million dollars but would not give exact amounts,he went on further to say "it's an absolute bargain compared to what we paid for the com extension".Were still in talks to acquire Movie.us from the same owner and do not want to show our cards".Overhall, went to say we hope to expand the Disney Brand of movies and other entertainment into the new online .US extension by offering expanded services".We contacted the owner of the domain ,zouzas but he could not be reached for comment ,but he did issues the following statement"I really wanted to developed movie.us and movies.us but i'm tied up with other projects but Disney will do a great job and i wish them the best with it".

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Happy April Fools!

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jesus u got me scared, however I did suspect something when it said that getting the .us was perfect for expanding their market.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who says is it is an april fool's joke? Zouzas is usually on the mark.

I'd like to know if it's real or not. It won't change my opinion of zouzas. I've never met zouzas, but he seems pretty cool.

I would like to know if this is real or not though. It has big implications on the .us domain market.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas
is it??????

It is. Unless you live on Mars, or something. It's :cool: though ... was funny. (Wish it was true, though). Grrrr.
See 'ya. :D

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that appraisal seems pretty accurate to me, in a better economy

i think i like movies a little better

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by peaceful
that appraisal seems pretty accurate to me, in a better economy

i think i like movies a little better

yup,,the internet domain market now is where the realestate market was when the realestate market crashed in the early 90's:)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas
url]http://www.afternic.com/appraisal.php?id=523[/url]

This appraisal is about as realistic as Movies.com going for that amount. Sorry for the bad news. It will take time to create value in the dot US market.

I think appraisals like this do more harm then good to a domain market because it looks "Staged".

The "hype" without the "stuff" is a sign that people would like for the "gold" to actually be gold. As we found out in the 1880's, we have to take the stuff back to the market to see if it's fools good or the real McCoy. Unfortunately only top tier dot com names are considered gold. As a supporter of .biz I find my position very sobering.

note: I do think certain dot us and .biz names will find a market. All the rest will be labeled "2nd tier".

Columbia

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Alll guys who want to earn big money on .us names right now are April fools. But who knows may be they will become very rich after 2-3 years.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to tell you the truth i wouldn;t sell it now for that amount a decent site could generate that in a year easy look at Netflix,,;)

Movie.us
Movies.us
Entertainment.us all live by months end;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom