Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Red X instead of Image..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything in the right corner, but it looks like the Discover ad is missing - I get a red x there

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow
I don't see anything in the right corner, but it looks like the Discover ad is missing - I get a red x there

Hummm, I am rechecking the JS, but I dont see what the deal is..probably just not browser compliant..the Discover ad works for me, the weather did but all of a sudden dosent

Thanks

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are running AdAware or some similar ad-blocking/anti-spyware software you may have the site blocked in your hosts file (usually c:\windows\hosts or c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)

I think Kazaa Lite also alters your hosts file.. I can't see the Dicover Card ad for that reason.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie
If you are running AdAware or some similar ad-blocking/anti-spyware software you may have the site blocked in your hosts file (usually c:\windows\hosts or c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)

I think Kazaa Lite also alters your hosts file.. I can't see the Dicover Card ad for that reason.

Beachie,

I thought the kazaa angle might be correct because I downloaded the "lite" version a few weeks ago and sure enough I just recently noticed this -red x - deal

I did a hard drive search for Kazza and deleted 3 files and then rebooted..
but still the red-x

Next I tried to go to c prompt...well I just added XP a couple months ago..and this is the first time I have even need to go to c prompt since then and it wont let me wipe out c:/documents and settings/myuser>
? I have full admin controls..I've never seen that "lock" in dos before..

just trying to get c:

Wonder if I can close and reboot into dos ? ..I'll try that..

another idea..

Seems I had this problem a couple years ago and I had to go into tools/internet options/ then one of the script options but I dont recall what it was..does that ring a bell ?

appreciate the help...

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Beachie, What do you think of this idea..I'm thinking of just trying a system restore ..go back say 1 month.. I know what ever caused this happened with in that time frame...

I have also done probably 3 or 4 microsoft "updates" in that time period maybe it was something in one of thoise updates..
As I will go back in time so to speak ..if the problem clears up then as microsoft sends me update notices I can check with each update and see if maybe irt was something from there ?

I think I am going to try that..

first I found one more kazza file I am going to delete that first and reboot

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok this may be the solvant to my ONGOING PROBLEM

Many of you might ask why this problem is bad but after a while It gets annoying

When I first got my new laptop (december) I DLed Kazaa Lite. And for as long as I remember I CANNOT click on refferals, they show up as page unavail!

And I cannot see pictures that are referal link based!!!

I also Dled AdAware.

Your statement makes sence but HOW DO I BE ABLE TO SEE AND CLICK ON REFERALS ETC!! :)

lol thank ALOT!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No offence, but just don't rely too much on Microsoft products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom