Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

redemption period question

Status
Not open for further replies.

profecy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got a domain that recently expired and registered it with godaddy. Now, I'm not positive, but i think the name recently expired. does that mean that if the original owner wants it back they can claim it out of the redemption period? Or does it not even become available to register with a new owner until the redemption period is over? This is quite urgent, because I've got a buyer for the name and it's a very lagre sale, I just want to make sure that the original owner can't take the name back after I sell it.
Thanks!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you registered it and it is in your account you are fine. When a domain expires (on its expiration date), the names will go into Redemption Period. During this 30-45 day period the owner still has the chance to renew their name. If they do not renew the name it will go to Pending Delete, etc. When it goes to Pending Delete, depending on the extension, you will have up to 10 days or so until the name is deleted and ready for registration.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a side note is many registrars charge 100-200 dolars to get names out of redemption so there is a good chance they will let drop

profecy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ah, ok good. So if it's in my account, then I own it and no one can take it back. I was wondering if it was possible to register a name that's in the redemption period, or not. That answers my queston, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom