Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

refund for fake .mobi traffic domains at Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is sedo in any way giving any kind of refunds for domains with fake traffic.?
There seem to be many .mobi domains on sale recently with traffic that cannot be true..sucha s horsetips.mobi and needtickets.mobi...the chance of that traffic to be real is less than 1%..what if the traffic is not natural? do I get my money back?..I think Sedo needs to monitor those domains especially that are at auction and take some action..

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'd like to think they did that for all extensions.
unlike you to pick up on one extension? ;)
i see domains all the time with crazy traffic. in all manner of extensions
i guess people are pointing other domains at them.
i haven't seen the ones you mention, but when domains are on auction, they get high hundreds usually viewing.
were these ones silly numbers then? lol
Pred

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe all the mobi traffic claims, including the many mentioned at dnf? Who in the world (except for a few domainers) would typein the .mobi ext? The public has never even heard of it.

I am sure most all mobi's really get no direct navigation traffic. In all likelihood 98% of them get basically zero traffic.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe all the mobi traffic claims, including the many mentioned at dnf? Who in the world (except for a few domainers) would typein the .mobi ext? The public has never even heard of it.

I am sure most all mobi's really get no direct navigation traffic. In all likelihood 98% of them get basically zero traffic.

yep basically 0... some do get uniques, but i suspect its just domainers most of the time checking out where the domain leads..

sunroof

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've parked a couple of domains at Sedo that report unusally high traffic there. Then, when I moved them to my own sites where I could analyze the traffic, it turned out to be coming from search engine spyders. I don't know why the spyders would get attracted to these particular names, but they did.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i'd like to think they did that for all extensions.
unlike you to pick up on one extension? ;)
i see domains all the time with crazy traffic. in all manner of extensions
i guess people are pointing other domains at them.
i haven't seen the ones you mention, but when domains are on auction, they get high hundreds usually viewing.
were these ones silly numbers then? lol
Pred

Its nothing against the mobi extenstion. but for a .com I would always be careful with calling it fake traffic, but for a mobi its pretty easy to figure out. I am sure that guy is doing it with all his domains and its costing you and me money because his scam is driving down CPCs...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fair point ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom