Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Reg'd new domain, need some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvcard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I registered a new domain that I feel may have huge end user potential. Its a one word dictionary domain, but a typo as it is. However, the typo makes perfect sense, and can be used for a very lucrative online industry. My question is, how would one go about developing, or possibly finding end users that may have interest, or working with someone with a better understanding of how to go forward. BTW, the name in quotes gets 43,800,000 google hits. Thanks.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I registered a new domain that I feel may have huge end user potential. Its a one word dictionary domain, but a typo as it is. However, the typo makes perfect sense, and can be used for a very lucrative online industry. My question is, how would one go about developing, or possibly finding end users that may have interest, or working with someone with a better understanding of how to go forward. BTW, the name in quotes gets 43,800,000 google hits. Thanks.

i doubt that an end-user would be interested in a typo, and if it's a typo, then how can it be a dictionary term?

maybe a typo of a dictionary word you mean?

to develop, just use the related terms you found in google and build a related content website around that term or industry.

perhaps once it's developed and if it gets some traffic and rev, then it will be more appealing to a potential buyer....or you just may want to keep it.

should you wish an appraisal, please post the domain in appraisal section for review.

Good Luck!

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, without knowing the typo- it is impossible to gauge whether
"the typo makes perfect sense, and can be used for a very lucrative online industry."
If the name is as huge as you hope it to be... you go about developing it by hiring someone or doing it yourself... if it's as popular as you state the end users will come to you. if you're looking to pay the mortgage off tomorrow with a hand regged domain today.... very unlikely.

cvcard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As someone that has enjoyed some success being self employed, I know first hand that things do not happen overnight. I also know that its very unlikely to strike it rich overnight. I'm not claiming to have the winning lottery ticket. I have a brandable, useable, simple, memorable name, that even as a typo, has major relevance in a certain market. I have a business/marketing background, not a domain background. Thats why I'm seeking all the insight I can. Again, I may have lost a whole 10 dollars on the reg fee, or maybe I have something that can be developed into something more.
As far as putting it in the appraisal section, that wouldn't answer my question. It would be impossible to appraise, because it has no history. It would have to be a speculative appraisal, based on potential market strength and interest with a business/marketing plan attached to it.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as putting it in the appraisal section, that wouldn't answer my question. It would be impossible to appraise, because it has no history. It would have to be a speculative appraisal, based on potential market strength and interest with a business/marketing plan attached to it.

To the contrary... putting it in the appraisals section would answer your question irregardless of history. Domainer's weren't born yesterday. Different domainers specialize in different arena's of the industry whether typos, etc. Quality can be spotted like that. All appraisals are speculative. But after a few from domainers- true value becomes clearer. I fail to see why what you just hand registered requires any special treatment in appraising scheme. I personally do not engage in typos but it's easy to know what kind of numbers certain names pull after a while. Place the name in the appraisals section with a request for advice and those who focus on typos as part of there portfolio could offer you more keen advice. This is a rather helpful forum. You did ask for advice and you've received some, so far, from 2 long standing domainers. Good luck!

Last edited:

cvcard

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And I appreciate that advice. I just think the appraisals are subjective. I've seen varying opinions from longstanding members, on the same name. I don't think there is a wrong or right, just a difference of opinion in some cases. That seems to be what a lot of the member appraisals become. Again, to be clear, this post wasn't for an appraisal, it was for development advice. If anyone has experience with travel/resort/accommodation domains, PM me, and I'll send you the name so I can get your professional opinion, not necessarily an appraisal. I am not trying to be combative, I'm just asking the experts for their thoughts. And I do thank everyone who responds.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PM me the name and I will pm you my opinion/advice...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You won't be able to get any really useful advice until you disclose the name. I'll be happy to give you my opinion of you PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom