Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

REGFLY Where the Hell my domains??

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Need to vent...........
I initiated a transfer for a few hundred or so names from name.com to registerfly.com ($3.99) special and after 10 days about 40 transfers got cancelled and my account got credited.
I initiated transfers then to moniker.com and godaddy.com of the remaining names after a short amount of time.. maybe a week? these transfers came back as prohibited so I run a whois and find they are showing registerfly as the registrar
I check my account but the domains aren't there
I contact regfly (by phone) and am told these transfers were cancelled but to put a support ticket in... waiting a week now for a reply I get
Dear client ,

What is the exact issue you are experiencing with these domains?

Best Regards,
REGFLY Where the Hell are my domains??

jim

Domain Days 2024

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Names are dropping like flies.
May be something to this..well support put about half of them in my account sofar but I can't renew/modify or do anything with them..basically in my account but no control.
..another support ticket update sent...

jim

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well just got off the phone with support..it seems their renewal system is "down" til tommorow night..

jim

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a name that just expired because of RegFly's ineptitude! I've been trying to renew for a week, 2 attempts have already billed my Credit Card. Their live support isn't so live (I'm even getting bouncebacks from the offline life support system) and no response to my support ticket in almost 4 days.

So, I finally called them and found out that they are haivng problems with their renewal system and it should be back up Friday. They also reasured me that my expired domain is in a grace period...but didn't answer my query about not being able to use this domain name because it is currently expired. I also have to call tomorrow to talk to billing to try to get the renewal charges reversed.

I'm moving whatever I have left at regfly away from them now.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the "expired" domain is not locked, it may still be possible to transfer it out according to what I've read. It may be worth a try.

Ron

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, I finally called them and found out that they are haivng problems with their renewal system and it should be back up Friday.

Friday... Of what month and year, I wonder!

TPT

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the "expired" domain is not locked, it may still be possible to transfer it out according to what I've read. It may be worth a try.

Ron

Thanks for the idea, It wasn't locked, so I submitted a request at eNom.

BTW, eNom's system is already asking for "authorization keys" for .coms.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well support got all my domains to my account but I'm still unable to do any modifications/updates etc.. Damn what was I thinking..oh yeah $3.99 .. and after reviewing my account it was close to 400 transfer-in..what a exciting year ahead :frusty:

jim

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registerflys renewal system is quite contrary.

I have received notices that names were transferring out even tho I submitted a renewal request. (Most registrars just do it, not spam you) Those notices kept me up at nights, wondering where they were transferring them to-->??

Later I went to whois and saw they were renewed but it did not show at my Regfly account. I noticed them later, about 2-3 weeks later that they were finally renewed and still waiting for me at Regfly.

Well, now I tried to transfer "out" a name and now I have gotten a notice of "decline" due to this renewed name being seen as a "new" registration and it is holding me to the 60 day rule.

Okay, I got a schedule to let me know when that 60 day has expired and then I am checking that name out of there ASAP or better yet, immediately.

:frusty: btw, knocking my head against this brick wall doesn't hurt as bad as renewing a name at registerfly.

Success

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Enom is implementing the transfer authorization key (EPP) requirement for .com and .net on October 28.

I have some domains I need to transfer from RegisterFly to Enom.

Where to find the EPP key in Registerfly?

I just tried to find and there is no key except for .org etc domains.

I tried calling the support line but waited more than 15 minutes but no one pick up the phone.

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but.. you have 544 posts here and you didn't hear any of the horror stories about RegisterFly?

I wouldn't transfer my domains to them even if they were free..

Good luck getting that sorted. :-(

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leave the field blank.

On a related note, this is a great time to do bulk transfer-outs from troublesome registrars ...

Once EPP codes are implemented, transfer-outs from non-responsive registrars is going to become more difficult in many instances.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom