Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Register.com another Registerfly.com on making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you want to renew your domain their fee is US $35 (I DON'T SEE WHY) and you can't move your domain any time you want as to obtain your uthorization code you have to call the number which most of the time there is no answer and has to be between 8am - 6pm EST Monday to Friday, so for international call will cost you heaps

This is so bad and I think they should get their stuff together, I can't see why you have to pay $35 just to renew your domain, and they don't make any easy for anyone who what to transfer the domain, I think some one as to step up in this industry as there are a lot of registerfly practise

I think the different between register.com and Registerfly.com

is word fly and the later their fee were reasonable if you can get a service you pay for anyway

Mikey4067

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You do not HAVE to pay $35 to renew your domain. You can pick any registrar you want for your domain registration needs. They just feel that they can charge $35 because they are a well known company and have been in business for quite a while. You are not paying for your domain, but rather their over 14 years of experience as a registrar. You are not paying for the domain, you are paying for the brand of service and their well known reliability. You are not paying for the domain, but rather the toll free number they give everyone for support as well as the award they have won from J.D. Power and Associates. Register.com and Network Solutions both feel they can charge this amount because they know there are people out there who will pay that kind of price for all of thr reasons I have just mentioned. That is why it costs $35 to renew/register.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned that they should at least provide you with the auth codes by E-mail if you ask. Per their registrar agreement they must provide the registrant with electronic means of getting the info.
Demand that they send the info by E-mail, if they don't report them: http://www.internic.net/problem_reports/p5.html

Mikey4067

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can register and renew domains at Register.com for under $10 and I have the ability to get my EPP code by clicking a link in the domain control panel. After clicking the link, the EPP code is emailed to you. I also have the ability to request support 24 hours a day Monday through Friday online via email or live chat. I can call their toll free phone support during normal business hours and their support reps are friendly and always helpful. I have never had a problem with them.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Register.com seem to have high prices but nowhere near the incompetence of Registerfly. They seem to be used alot by non-domainers, if you are a domainer I don't see why you would use them though.

dotNames

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A customer of mine tried recentely to transfer out from register.com domain names I bought.
Long story short: He has to phone to receive his EPP codes. After 3 successless phone calls, few emails and several chat session, he received his EPP codes after 4 days. He then transferred the domain names to my registrar. Upon transfer request, he received promotionnal emails proposing to renew the domain names with Register.com for $15/each. In this email it was stated that without any answer from his side, the transfer would be initiated 4 days after receiving the email. He tried few times to contact sales representatives to let them know he was absolutely not interrested by the offer, as long as the domain names have been sold to another party, and that he wanted to get them transferred immediately. Of course, this was not possible.
After the delay, no more update about the transfer. He contacted again, per phone, a sale rep. The guy answered the transfer has just been initiated and it was required up to 8 days to process it.
Guess what?
After 8 days, the domain names were finally transferred.
16 days were necessary to transfer out few domain names from Register.com.
I wondered why when this process is almost instantly with almost all other registrar. (At least, the EPP code request). And the only motive behind this, other than kidnapping customers, is, of course, agaisnt expiring domains. In other words, if your domain is almost expiring and you try to transfer it out from Register.com, be insured you won't be able to transfer it out in time.
Now, I just wonder how many customers are fooled by this trick!

Anyway, it remains a very bad business practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom