Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Register.Com - getting an auth code

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdomains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
20 minutes wait time on the phone to get a flipping auth code?????
If this isn't the most backward, ridiculous piece of crap i've ever had to go through

and don't tell me about extra security coz all they end up doing is mailing the auth code to the admin email address anyway ... which is what all other sensible registrars allow you to do .. except they AUTOMATE IT VIA THEIR CPANELS

madness

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get 'em for all your domains. Then run like hell from Register.com once and forever.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I demanded the codes by E-mail (and got them) ;)
The process is a bit awkward: they first send you a code (password) to the admin E-mail, you reply, then you get the codes.
I refuse to waste my time on the phone.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
20 minutes wait time on the phone to get a flipping auth code?????
If this isn't the most backward, ridiculous piece of crap i've ever had to go through

and don't tell me about extra security coz all they end up doing is mailing the auth code to the admin email address anyway ... which is what all other sensible registrars allow you to do .. except they AUTOMATE IT VIA THEIR CPANELS

madness

Same happen to me with Register.it :(
They sent me the auth code after 2 days via mail.

Last edited:

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered some names via SnapNames and they went the register.com, I now am moving them to my register of choice and found out I have to call in, I hate that company, I guess they figure if it is too hard to get the code you won't transfer the name away.

Jerks

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got one there from an auction house and when it time to renew I called and asked for the auth code and was asked why I wanted to transfer out, and was offered the same rate as elsewhere to stay. That's why they do it.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are still stuck with register.com try this:

RENEW77
$15.95 renewal

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered some names via SnapNames and they went the register.com, I now am moving them to my register of choice and found out I have to call in, I hate that company, I guess they figure if it is too hard to get the code you won't transfer the name away.

Jerks

snapnames will also help you.. at least thats how I usually do it

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
25 minutes on the phone this time. I did slow down the sales pitch. When asked why I was transferring I said I can't stand register.com. He only asked once near the end "Is there anything I could do to get you to stay?". I said I want nothing to do with register.com.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Them being the #2 registrar after Netsol, they should know better by now. Their little club was spoiled by GoDaddy - and the rest is history :D I remember how I had to struggle "with the powers that be", in order to get corporate domains away from Register.com and move them to GD around 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom